Using T3i as a Webcam With Windows 7

Started by SuperBlueNova, November 08, 2012, 02:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperBlueNova

I have tried all sorts of software combinations to try to make my camera work properly as a webcam, but can't seem to get it quite right!

I am a drummer and want a full quality capture from my camera! Yes, I know I can record to sd and play with it after, but the sync on the audio is VERY important. I use an external mic set on my kit that I jack in to my PC and record the sound there. If the sync is off by even a hair, it looks WRONG! I can get it very close, but it takes a long time to get it right!

I have a 4TB RAID array with a Quad Core processor, 16GB of RAM and Windows 7 is installed on a SATA III SSD. I know my computer is fast enough to handle the stream!

Does anyone know what software could be used to do this? I am happy to pay for software, if it will be guaranteed to work. Extrawebcam does not work, so don't bother recommending that one!

Thanks!

ilguercio

Pluraleyes?
Record the sound both in camera and with the external mic and then Pluraleyes will sync these two tracks. Then you can get rid of the audio from the T3i.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

SuperBlueNova

Very cool, but $200 may be a bit more than I had in mind. Thanks for the reply though!

ilguercio

Quote from: SuperBlueNova on November 08, 2012, 02:38:26 AM
Very cool, but $200 may be a bit more than I had in mind. Thanks for the reply though!
You could compare the audio tracks by yourself and overlap them, then do the same thing. I bet any video editor can do that.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.

SuperBlueNova

I can record a better quality video with the audio disabled, but I will enable it and play around. Still going to be limited to 4GB file size though.

I guess the only real option is to capture the HDMI output?

ilguercio

Quote from: SuperBlueNova on November 08, 2012, 03:01:06 AM
I can record a better quality video with the audio disabled, but I will enable it and play around. Still going to be limited to 4GB file size though.

I guess the only real option is to capture the HDMI output?
No, T3i can sort of record for longer but it uses cache hacks.
Wait for 1%, i guess he will explain it better. ExFat will allow you that.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

1%

If you leave quality low(er), you can record audio + video over 4gb. Separate wav won't be in sync, esp not to the level you want. As a webcam it won't work, only PC output is PTP and its too small.

HDMI won't work because you won't have audio.

No patch for the 30 minute limit, however.

So start at CBR 1x+audio and see what you can get away with.

Also, this stuff is patched up and you'll need g3gg0's movie fixer to re-write the over 4gb files.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern/downloads

Card has to be exfat formatted.

Datadogie

I ave not tried it. But an alternative to Pluraleyes is   http://woowave.com/
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

antoniov

Possible solution for the problem is the app called SparkoCam which transforms canon cameras into webcams.