HDR Video

Started by dirkvanderven, November 06, 2012, 09:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirkvanderven

I was thinking. You can shoot 2 stills simultanious (RAW+L,M or S). Could it be possible with video to shoot 2 streams? One over exposed and one under exposed. Just an idea to hopefully get rid of the motion ghosting...

nanomad

I suggest you read the manual, it has been there since December ::)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

skydragon

Alex, I think he's referring to wanting to record two simultaneous video stream in parallel, rather than odd and even frames as per HDR video recording.

dirkvanderven - Others can advise better than me, but this isn't possible. The camera is pretty maxed out with the existing HDR video usage
Canon 600D with Battery Grip, ML 2.3, Sigma 17-50mm 2.8, Swivi viewfinder loupe, RJ Follow focus. Loupe, FF and Camera/Battery Grip mounted on a 4mm thick alloy plate.

ilguercio

Indeed, he (we) can't record two streams in parallel.
If you have a camera that records at 30 fps you can pretty much have the same footage at two different exposures (just one frame difference) and i'm sure this is enough for most amateur needs.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

KarateBrot

would it be possible to write a frame to the footage after it's half exposed and then the same frame after it's fully exposed?

With that there still would be just one stream but because the exposure of both frames starts simultaneously and the ghosting only occurs in the motion blur one shouldn't notice it (for high shutter speeds there wouldn't be any ghosting). and one can work with a constant ISO value (a lot less noise).
i had this idea in mind for a while and if it's possible i think there is a lot of potential for further HDR video development.
If you donate a RED EPIC to me you officially are very cool ;)