Issue trying to install on 7D

Started by richkphoto, November 04, 2012, 06:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richkphoto

I've been trying to install Magic Lantern on my 7D for the past couple of days with no luck. I followed the instructions ,I think.
First I formated my card, I then installed the canon firmware update to 203 (it was at 121). I then formated the card again and loaded Magic Lantern software. I tried this a number of was including opening the zipped file to another folder on my computer and coping the files to the cf card and extracting straight to the card and I get the same results. After loading the canon upgrade all went well. When I try the ML software I get a grey screen with loading on it ,then after a couple of seconds the red led flashes a few time and cleaning senor image appears on my screen as if it was shutting down and the screen goes blank. If I try to use the camera at that point weather i reboot or not the camera seem to function as it did before I tried to install ML. What am I doing wrong
Rich

g3gg0

keep the info screen enabled before you start ML.
did you press the trashcan button after starting ML?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

richkphoto

My info screen is enabled in the settings and I see 3 screens when I hit it ,but none are ml and yes I have hit the trash can button, but nothing happens. I don't think it ever finishes the install and I never get the green sucessful screen. All that happens is it says loading for about 3 seconds then the led flashes and the sensor cleaning routine starts then a blank screen and the settings screen on top of the camera turns back on. looking in the folder of the ml program. Looking in the software folders there is something in the crop marks, data , and docs the other 3 folder are empty and I cannot find an autoexec file anywhere

nanomad

Upload a screenshot of the content of the SD/CF card
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

richkphoto

Not sure how to add the screen shot jpegs

richkphoto

I think I've solved the problem. I didn't hit the "clear all data " before installing. Now how do I get to and use the intervalometer?

g3gg0

the 7D alpha 1 has no intervalometer.
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

richkphoto

Darn. That was the biggest feature I could have used right away. I guess I'll have to resort to a plan be and make some hardware that will turn my cell phone into an intervalometer

richkphoto

Do you have a time frame when it might be implemented

Francis

Development is made 1 step and 1 day at a time. None of the developers have a specific time frame for specific features.

g3gg0

exactly. we have a bunch of things that want to be implemented/ported/fixed.

i usually pick the one that either urges me personally or makes the most fun ;)
thats my way to keep developing interesting, even if its time consuming and annyoing sometimes.
doing this for 11 years now this way - first GSM biz, now DSLR.