Can't get ML to work on 7D

Started by jawright, October 27, 2012, 05:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawright

Hi guys:

I'm having a spot of trouble getting ML to function on my 7D. I can install the firmware and ML loads up when I press the delete button, but when I try to take a movie it seems like it is just in normal 7D video mode. I checked the forum and someone else had this problem, but I couldn't see how he fixed it or the "red" text someone advised him to read. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me in very basic terms how I can get ML running - I realise I am probably just doing something simple that is preventing ML operating, but I've read the manual and can't see where I am going wrong.

Also, I noticed that the frame rate selection section on the upper panel goes blank on my 7D when ML firmware is installed....so I have to hit the Q button to see what the current setting is and to change it.....

Cheers!

John

ilguercio

Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

jawright

Thanks guys....actually it seems all I needed to do was press the INFO button until the ML screen came up.