[DONE - preview only]double exposure photography

Started by chandan13, October 25, 2012, 07:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chandan13

Hi ML,

was wondering if this is possible with 550D with ML firmware installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2lHQJFJ-nc&feature=g-user-u

this feature.. if not available.. can we have it in next update. thanks.

a1ex

chandan13

Hi Alex;

I did not getyou... tried... SET+Main DIal.. nothing works as shown in video... can you explain please...

nanomad

You can configure SET+MainDial to do exposure fusion preview in "PLAY" mode. You simply have to take multiple photos, each one representing a single exposure that you need to fuse later. Then you can use GIMP to do the final "fusion".

TL;DR you can preview multiple exposures with ML, you can create multiple exposure photos with a simple PC and some free software
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

agilmore

Quote from: nanomad on October 26, 2012, 01:39:59 PM
you can create multiple exposure photos with a simple PC and some free software

It's not the same though. At least, it looks nothing like the very cool in-camera double exposures you get with film, or even the slightly less cool effect with Nikon cameras. And I'm yet to find a reliable way to replicate that look using post-processing.

I realise this probably isn't going to be a high priority for ML but it would be rather cool. And if that's not incentive enough, I will personally guarantee a bottle of fine, cheap wine for the man who implements it.  :D