D600 or 6D?

Started by SuperBlueNova, October 19, 2012, 04:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperBlueNova

So, I am planning on buying a full frame "toy" for myself as a Christmas present. I want to stay under $3000! Everything I read tells me that the Nikon D600 is better than the 6D and I mostly can't argue with that logic. However, there are two things that really make me think the 6D might be better for me.

#1. Lenses! Not only are Canon lenses cheaper, but I already own 4 of them (though only 2 of them have a red dot).

#2. MagicLantern (of course!). But, I can use ML on my 600D and probably would not need most of the features on my full frame.

I guess my question is, what do you folks think is the better choice? I am seriously torn!

Thanks!

nanomad

Unless you're willing to spend money on lenses the 6D (or a used 5D maybe? Who knows how good the 6D will be) is the only viable option IMHO.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

stanalekseev

If you have the cash then I would go Nikon - they have a little bit better image quality in my opinion and it's good to have variety.
That being said if you own 600d with ML on it - what can 6D bring to the table except a full sensor maybe?
Apart from that you will need high end lenses to enjoy higher end cameras - so my guess is you will have to invest in a lens or two for either model...
Remember that you won't be able to use your EF-S lenses with a full sensor camera (I imagine you have at least one).

deleted.account.01

Quote from: SuperBlueNova on October 19, 2012, 04:48:17 AM(though only 2 of them have a red dot).

i thing its not lenss got red dot only sensor..i was have two .after cleaning one and now agian one big bad ass red dot moma comeback :/ ..i need to fix it once and forever