Rebel T2i HDR w/MLU?

Started by staggerwing17, October 16, 2012, 08:48:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

staggerwing17

Hello!
Just started using ML - wicked cool! My primary reason for ML is to simplify my HDR still work. MLU (Mirror Lock Up) woud be a VERY desirable feature. Here is the sequence I would really like:

1. Frame and compose using Live View or viewfinder (does not matter), T2i/lens/battery grip on overkill Bogen tripod
2. Release shutter either on camera, on battery grip or remote cable
3. 2 second delay before first exposure
4. First exposure begins, mirror locks up and STAYS that way until after final exposure of bracketed set

I went through this forum and the excellent web site and cannot seem to find a direct answer to this question so I started a new topic. If this is old info and it is out there, please let me know that as I hate to duplicate efforts.

Thanks for any help!!

a1ex

Higher-end cameras (60D, 5D2) do this in LiveView. They still actuate the shutter.

ML can't change that.

ilguercio

50D does it as well. I didn't know entry level cameras actuated the mirror at each shutter press even in LV.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

staggerwing17

Thanks for all the help! Man the auto feature on the HDR is just fantastic. Maybe if the mirror cycles enough it will eventually wear out - then I would be forced into buying a new camera. ;)