Only able to set 1 HDR Bracket Mode?

Started by molasis, October 14, 2012, 10:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

molasis

Hi There,

Still getting used to using ML, but have had a great weekend with it in the Peaks District (GB).

One thing I haven't been able to work out yet is how to change the HDR Bracketing mode so that it is anything other than +/- 2EV. Surely I can set the increments lower than that? I'm only able to 'find' one HDR Bracketing mode and can't seem to alter it in any way in the ML Menu. It is showing up as 'Ax2EV, 0-+, 2s'. This is happening on both my 60D and my 5D Mark II, and I'm generally in 'M' mode using liveview.

Thanks for any guidance (I did look through the wiki and searched the forum, but couldn't find anything similar).

a1ex

You need to change them in config file. Here's a tutorial: http://www.howtogeek.com/102468/a-beginners-guide-to-editing-text-files-with-vi/

There is an easier way, but I'm afraid you need to read the on-screen help.

molasis

Finally found it in at YouTube video as of 5mins ago.

Simply click the picture style button while highlighted on HDR Bracketing (and it is switch on) and the sub menu comes up allowing you to change the EV increment (amongst other things). Couldn't find that in the documentation anywhere, but I'm guessing it's there and I'm just blind. I can't see any info about this on the on-screen help either.

Must of been the 0 Degrees C and the 6 am starts that prevented my brain from sorting this out when I needed it.

Onward and upward!