Magic zoom and follow focus

Started by jenksandartt, October 12, 2012, 03:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenksandartt

Is there a way for follow focus and magic zoom to work at the same time?  When I use both, magic zoom won't let me move the white box on the screen.  Instead, it just follow-focuses with the up-down or left-right arrows.  Those are the same arrows I use to move the white box on my subjects in magic zoom.  When follow focus is off, magic zoom works great.  Any help will be great.

a1ex

Press shutter halfway to move the focus box.

jenksandartt

thanks for responding.  When i have magic zoom on with follow focus: when i try to move the magiczoom box, instead of the box moving, my lens tries to focus.  This happens while in auto focus mode with  ml's follow focus.  Pressing the shutter half way down still doesn't allow me to use the follow focus.  May just have to take it off auto focus.

jenksandartt

also when i go to set color temp in ml, i notice that it hides under expo.  I have to hit the menu twice in order for it to show up.  Then it's in red.  Why is that?  And is there any difference between just setting my custom white balance and using ml's degrees k.

Francis

That is a feature to hide menu options you don't often access. Setting the K in ML vs Canon makes no difference. The greatest benefit is for Rebel models that don't allow you to set the Kelvin.

a1ex

Move AF to the back button and it will work.