T3i Buffer (Please Help Have Shoot Today)

Started by JacobAlanStudios, September 24, 2012, 04:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobAlanStudios

So  I have a t3i running the newest canon firmware and the newest magic latern firmware and the buffer is stopping the video recording every time after about 40 seconds. Im using a class 10 16 GB Sandisk card. I have low level formatted the card to see if that helps it doesn't. I have even reinstalled it twice and it still keeps buffering out the video please help.

a1ex

Please mention the version number, there are stable and unstable releases. Make sure you did not increase the bitrate.

JacobAlanStudios

Sorry about that I thought I did im running 2.3. I did a few more tests and I think the cause of it might be from using the FPS override because everything runs fine until I turn it on. Then after I turn it off to see if it will fix the problem it still buffers out.

Kromofone

Hmm, I also had some problems with my 600D with the buffer. I was going to record normally (no FPS override, no Bitrate override, all default settings, and after a couple of seconds the Canon buffer icon started blinking and after a few seconds it stopped. The card was freshly long-formatted on windows a day before the shoot. Could it be maybe because the card was a little bit hot? Or Could just dumping ram from the ML settings solve it? BTW I used a Sandisk 16gb Extreme 45MB/s card.