Live View - AF mode - Live <> Quik ?

Started by cseyis, September 19, 2012, 10:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cseyis

Hello,

I use ML on my 600D (T3i) since 6 months and I'm very happy with all the extra features.

I like shooting in "Live View" but after the upgrade to 2.3 I've some problems.

1- I try to use AF mode "Live (contrast detection)" in "Live View". Although the AF mode is set to "Live" in Canon menu, the camera close the LCD (and I think make Quik AF) by half pressing the shutter. Any idea how I can AF in "Live View" with "Live" mode so the LCD doesn't goes black while AF ?

2-  I open my camera while holding "set" button sometimes, for don't load ML. But in live view mode there is a point (I'm not sure what is the couse) the magic lantern is reloaded, the wile I don't turn off/on the camera. Seems like ML 2.3 is a zombie :o ? A possible bug?

Regards,
Cemil Seyis
Istanbul / Turkey

ekeppel

Cemil,

I had the same problem with focusing in Live View as you did.  After searching around on the forums here, I realized that it might have something to do with the Flash Tweak settings, even though that may not seem to make sense!  :o

If you have 3rd party flash LV enabled, half pressing the shutter will flip up the mirror and begin focusing, rather than leaving the mirror down and focusing while staying in Live View.  Just disable the 3rd party flash LV setting and it will work the way you are expecting it to.

I hope this helps!

--Eric

cseyis

Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm not able to test this now, but I think the flash tweak setting is the right solution, this settings is always on for my flash.

I hope the "flash tweak-live view focus" conflict will be fixed in the next update.

Best regards,
Cemil S.

a1ex

It can't be fixed, since this is how it works (see user guide).

cseyis

Okey A1ex, so I will try to live with it  :'(

Thank you all,
Regards,
Cemil S.