HDR picture preview problems

Started by pixeldialog, September 18, 2012, 12:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeldialog

I'm having trouble understanding this text in user guide:

"To preview HDR images in camera, set SET+MainDial: ExposureFusion from Prefs menu, Image review settings, then go to playback mode, hold SET and turn the main dial (wheel)."

Maybe I have missed something here:
But I have selected the ExposureFusion as mentioned above.

But displaying the images does not seem consistent.
Does it matter what image in a HDR shot series I look at when I click SET+MainDial?
Do I have to use maindail to 'walk-throuhg' every image from a HDR set of images, that I want merged?

Could someone please explain this to me.

Another thing. One HDR set of images seem to be merged, but only if I go backward in the images, not when I go forward.

Another HDR set of images only show the image that is most overexposed.... none of the others.

If I select ExposureFusion, is all HDR sets supposed to be merged automatically?
Or am I supposed to use Set+MainDail to make preview work...?

prabhath.mp

Hi,

The camera records video with different exposures to achieve the HDR however, we will be able to see it only after processing it on the computer.

I was also struggling a lot to find an easy way to post process this and finally realized that the solution was quite simple.

I use Blender 2.64  which is free for download - visit Blender.org for more details.

To process the HDR video follow the tutorial

I found this tutorial very helpful :)

Hope it helps you too..

Cheers,
Prabhath MP
Knowledge enhances by sharing!
Every moment is a new learning experience!!
I use:-Camera: Canon 550D/T2i  Lens: Canon 50mm 1.8 II ; Canon kit (18-55 non IS) ; 55-250 EFS IS ; Macro converter tubes with AF.