ML 2.3 not working?

Started by s600da, September 15, 2012, 12:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s600da

Hi all

Was hoping someone could help me with this as we are meant to be shooting today. I've been using ML 2.3 for a good month plus now but as of last night my canon 600d has stopped working, I was looking to uninstall and reinstall ML in the hope that it would resolve any issues - the software did not seem to function properly the zebra lines were not showing nor did the focus peak seem to be working so I followed the instructions as per the website - but when I went to put the memory card back in the camera wasn't working [already made a separate thread regarding this issue]. But the reason I'm making this thread is because I have replaced said camera but when I loaded ML 2.3 onto the new card - I was having the same issue where the features were not working [lumafast, focus peak, etc] in particular the usual green dots that indicate these features are on are now red....which definitely looks bad. So has anyone got any advise for me?

Hope to hear from you soon

Steve

Malcolm Debono

When the liveview functions have a red dot icon, it means that the issue is related to global draw (first item in the menu). Make sure that you have it switched on for the mode you are using. If it is, try pressing the display button while in live view to toggle between different display modes, and check if the ML features you're using appear.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

s600da

Ok thanks will do this once I get back to the camera being a noob to ML still I only really use Lumafast and Focus peak right now so should have an idea of whether that solved it within the hour. The thing is I never turned global draw off so should I expect ML to turn it off randomly from time to time? Or would something cause it to override and turn itself off? [Not too sure I know what global draw is exactly sorry].

UPDATE

I've since checked the camera and tried it on with both live view and on, all modes. I have it set to Movie mode. I['m using zebras and focus point and when I hit disp. nothing happens at all. Any idea what would remedy it?

UPDATE 2

feeling slightly like a noob  i've remedied it since using http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2045.msg7503#msg7503 but thanks anyway