How to configure 'Custom modes' in Crop Mood?

Started by zenny, February 16, 2024, 09:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenny

Hi,

I am using the binary crop_mood build from Danne from https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magiclantern_hg_02/downloads/magiclantern-crop_mood.2024Feb12_Custom.EOSM202.zip

I searched online and in this forum about configuring ML--> Movie -->`custom modes` with this specific build. I could not figure out how to configure custom modes to assign different modes for different purposes like

CM1 --> 1K 48fps
CM2 --> 2.8K
CM3 --> Photography
CM4 --> 4.8K 1x3
CM5 --> 5.2K 1x3

I could not figure out exactly how to create a configuration like above. Or what one needs to have in  CM1-CM5 folder? Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
/z

Danne

Select a CM slot, restart camera, then apply your settings. When done select a new cm slot and restart cam. Repeat.

zenny

Quote from: Danne on February 16, 2024, 12:43:32 PM
Select a CM slot, restart camera, then apply your settings. When done select a new cm slot and restart cam. Repeat.

Thanks, I tried to select a slot under Movie >> Custome modes, but the up and down key does only allow to choose either OFF or 'Startup Key'. I am on your 2024-02-12 release, fyi.

Danne

Danne

Works over here. Could you download latest build and see to it that ML folder is deleted when installing again.

zenny

Quote from: Danne on February 16, 2024, 06:43:25 PM
Works over here. Could you download latest build and see to it that ML folder is deleted when installing again.

Yes, 2024-02-16 build works, but reverts back to the default 4.3K as you seem to have customized no matter how many times I reconfigure and assign to a new preset!

On the other hand, this new build fails to show whether the selected mode of resolution and aspect ration can continue recording (green) unlike the 2024-02-12 build of yours!

Thanks!

Danne

Screen recording please of your workflow. Custom modes are not logical in a sense but not super hard to create either.

zenny

Quote from: Danne on February 16, 2024, 08:26:14 PM
Screen recording please of your workflow. Custom modes are not logical in a sense but not super hard to create either.

@Danne, Thanks for asking. I am just thinking of recording some videos by assigning custom modes as follows:

1. CM5- 5.2K/AR2:35:1/14bit/Kill Global Draw ON/Focus Peaking ON/Dual ISO ON among others.
2. CM4 - The default mode that is automagically assigned (
3. CM3- 4.2K/AR4:3/14bit/Dual ISO ON (I want to get 4:3AR output post-processing in MLV-app, but I could not figure out exactly whether to assign in the `Crop Mood` submenu or RAW video submenu?)
4. CM2 - 48fps 1080p
5. CM1- Changeable to different requirement than above four.

Maybe this explains what I am trying to achieve. Actually, I am trying to film a short with this, though ML is pretty new to me.

Just updated to your 2024-02-19 build.  Thanks for the marvelous work.

Cheers,
/z

Danne

Follow reply #1.
Once done you can select any CM slot and restart camera to assign the selected slot.