Jumping from manual to automatic lenses. How do I make it work? (Canon Eos M)

Started by Lex-, November 13, 2023, 08:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex-

For Canon Eos M, Crop-Mode version

I am coming from manual lens without either a stabilizer or autofocus (TTartisans - F1.4 ,35mm), I just bought a Viltrox adapter to EFs and a Canon lens 18-55mm. f/3.5-5,6 IS II

I am experiencing a couple of problems.
1)How do I properly activate auto focus on the Canon eos m? I'm not sure I'm doing it right.
2)in Video before playing record button:, the Image preview gets frozen immediately, just gets a frame and becomes frozen, this didn't happen with the manual lenses. If I press record button, I can see what is been recording and the image is not frozen anymore.  How do I fix the frozen image on Preview view?
3)If I remove the autofocus, turning of from the camera
4) Autofocus doesn't seem working while recording, is that normal?
5) the autofocus when working does an awful lot of noise, is that normar or received it defected?

thank you!!

Walter Schulz

It would actually help to tell us the build version you are using.

4) This lens hosts a micro-motor and it can be heard. Lenses with USM or STM are almost silent.

Lex-

I am using the crop mode, installed back in may 2023. I edited it on the main message

Walter Schulz

There are several crop mood builds. Latest is 2023Aug19. If there are no unusual reasons to use the older version I recommend to update and retest.

Lex-