M50 button issues

Started by anykill, October 27, 2023, 12:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anykill

Brothers, by the way any o you have the pinout of the flex cable from the top dial, shutter and other buttons?
my shutter button only does the focus and does not take picture, neither the other buttons, just the aperture and the select dial.
Anyone can help?
I know that the connector on the motherboard is broken but does´nt know wich pin is the shutter.

Thank you for any help

names_are_hard

Are you trying to fix the connector?  What do you mean by "on the motherboard"?

If you think there's a break in a flex cable, you can use a multimeter to check for continuity on each trace (after you remove the cable from the cam, very carefully!).

If you're thinking of repairing the cable, sometimes it's possible to bridge a break in a track.  If you don't already have some practice at soldering small parts, it's easy to damage the cable further.

Buying a replacement cable might be easier.

Walter Schulz

Issue sounds weird.
Rear buttons (also not functioning) are using a different connector/cable to mainboard than shutter. Both cables affected at the same time?

@anykill: You can try using a wired remote control to test shutter button function. 2.5 mm TRS plug.

anykill

Quote from: names_are_hard on October 27, 2023, 05:29:51 PM
Are you trying to fix the connector?  What do you mean by "on the motherboard"?

If you think there's a break in a flex cable, you can use a multimeter to check for continuity on each trace (after you remove the cable from the cam, very carefully!).

If you're thinking of repairing the cable, sometimes it's possible to bridge a break in a track.  If you don't already have some practice at soldering small parts, it's easy to damage the cable further.

Buying a replacement cable might be easier.

The connector on the motherboard is broken, and 2 pins missing
Sounds weird but i manage to brake it... with my thumb nail

anykill

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 27, 2023, 05:39:49 PM
Issue sounds weird.
Rear buttons (also not functioning) are using a different connector/cable to mainboard than shutter. Both cables affected at the same time?

@anykill: You can try using a wired remote control to test shutter button function. 2.5 mm TRS plug.

Only the top buttons affected, the shutter, the rec and mf.

I will post a pic of the mess