Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park, Beaufort SC

Started by InspireAll, October 24, 2023, 06:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InspireAll

Hey, fam.

As part of a learning process I shot the following footage with a Canon 5D MK III 1080P @ 45FPS 10Bit RAW then upscaled to 2160P in Topaz Video AI.  The drone used is a Parrot Anafi.

Footage was conformed to a 29.97 timeline. I know that the shot footage did not need to be shot at 45fps, but I tend to shoot in higher frame rates when possible. I could only shoot in 10bit presumably because of the higher frame rate.

I did try the anamorphic presents but didn't like the lack of detail or the crop as compared to 1080p full sensor output.

Your feedback is highly appreciated!

a.sintes

It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

InspireAll

Thank you! I'm shocked myself by the quality this tiny drone produces. I love the smooth 1.4x no-loss zoom function.

Quote from: a.sintes on October 24, 2023, 07:27:29 PM
those drone shots are excellents!

yourboylloyd

Beautiful.

The drone shots look sharper and have more contrast than the 5D shots. The darks are closer to black on the drone shots. Which lens are you using? Did you stop it all the way down to f/8 to get the max sharpness?
Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

InspireAll

Thank you!

The drone is sharper by quite a bit. I even reduced sharpness by about 10 points on those shots to match them closer to the 5D. I'm shooting with the 24-105 3.5-5.6 at around 35mm and 105mm. All shots were at over f/6, I believe. I attempted to focus the camera to infinity for all shots.  As for blacks, I have a habit of using less contrast, but I didn't bother to adjust exposure of the drone shots.

Quote from: yourboylloyd on October 24, 2023, 11:27:21 PM
Beautiful.

The drone shots look sharper and have more contrast than the 5D shots. The darks are closer to black on the drone shots. Which lens are you using? Did you stop it all the way down to f/8 to get the max sharpness?