Impressions of Seattle - A short film shot on Canon 5D Mark III

Started by temporaleffects, October 22, 2023, 12:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

temporaleffects

Hi,

I've been on the forum for a while (different username), and I have witnessed a lot of exciting improvements in ML raw thanks to Danne and others.

In 2020, I shot a bunch of raw footage in Seattle but did not edit it until this year. This was shot on the 5D3, primarily in 2.8k crop mode. One shot used the 5k anamorphic mode, but I found it to be a bit soft. Color grading for ML raw was done in MLV App, and time-lapses were graded in Lightroom + LRTimelapse. Clips were composed in After Effects (just because I was familiar with it, though I now use Davinci Resolve).

Lenses used:
- Samyang 14mm 2.8
- Rokinon 24mm 1.4
- Canon 50mm 1.4
- Canon 70-200 II 2.8

Other equipment:
- Dynamic Perception Stage One slider
- Timelapse+ (original) controller
- Custom stepper motor system for rack focusing
- Ronin-S gimbal

Hope you enjoy!

a.sintes

It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

vastunghia

Whoah... truly terrific. Unbelieavable what you can do with an almost 12 yo DSLR camera.

Kudos to you and to all past and present ML developers
5D3 for video
70D for photo

yourboylloyd

Join the ML discord! https://discord.gg/H7h6rfq

Bruno Moly

Beautiful colours.😇
Could I ask which Debayer Algarithm in the MLV App you used? I consider to use no sharpening in Camera, in MLV App or in Adobe at all.
Canon EOS 5D iii Carl Zeiss Jena 58mm Biotar

temporaleffects

Quote from: Bruno Moly on October 27, 2023, 07:53:24 PM
Beautiful colours.😇
Could I ask which Debayer Algarithm in the MLV App you used? I consider to use no sharpening in Camera, in MLV App or in Adobe at all.

Thank you. I use the default AMaZE for debayering. In general, I don't adjust anything outside of the processing tab, unless I see a specific issue that needs to be corrected.

tofu007

Magnificent!  Stunning composures!

Can you share what build (Mentioned 2.8k) you used and what settings to achieve slow motions ? Thanks, love to see more of this type of videos :)

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

temporaleffects

Quote from: tofu007 on February 05, 2024, 11:42:35 PMMagnificent!  Stunning composures!

Can you share what build (Mentioned 2.8k) you used and what settings to achieve slow motions ? Thanks, love to see more of this type of videos :)

Thank you! I'm not sure what build I used. It was one from early/mid 2020. Only one scene was shot in 48fps for true slow motion. But when using that setting, there is aliasing, which I didn't like. For that reason, all of the other shots were filmed at 24fps and slowed to 50% using After Effects.