MLV App Cinematic 2 Filter replicate to other software

Started by NHCD, September 03, 2023, 04:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCD

Hi everyone,
I really love the Cinematic 2 filter in MLV App, and i use it almost the time for my footages, but when i adjust my RAW CR2 photos to match it is really hard to replicate the same look, can I export the filter in to LUT file or any way to replicate in Lightroom?
Thank you

masc

MLVApp filters are not a LUT. It just works kind of. Those filters are realized using a trained neural network. This can't be exported as LUT for any other application. You could process your CR2 photo in MLVApp.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Bruno Moly

Canon EOS 5D iii Carl Zeiss Jena 58mm Biotar

a.sintes

need first to convert cr2 to dng, then you can import it on MLVApp (transcode & import) or use a dng to mlv conversion tool
It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

masc

No need to convert to DNG. Renaming can't work. Direct "import & transcode" the cr2 into MLVApp.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

a.sintes

right! I've a doubt about it but just tested and it works fine :)

NHCD

wow, thank you @masc and @a.sintes for your very useful information, now i know new things about MLV app, it works !
considering an app by community that has some kind of "trained neural network" filter (assuming this is machine learning or preAI) - how cool is that !

ilia3101

It's only a small fully connected neural network, with 3 inputs and 3 outputs (RGB channels).

@masc4ii correction: I think it would be possible to convert them to LUTs with a little bit of code.

I think a 64x64x64 LUT would be accurate  enough.

a.sintes

In the past, I've made a small C++ tool that's able to build a .cube LUT by approximating the RGB differences between two A/B images, may help for this?

masc

Quote from: ilia3101 on September 05, 2023, 12:12:04 AM
@masc4ii correction: I think it would be possible to convert them to LUTs with a little bit of code.

Right. It should be doable to write a small application including the network and the weights from MLVApp code base for LUT output.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Bruno Moly

masc: "No need to convert to DNG. Renaming can't work. Direct "import & transcode" the cr2 into MLVApp".

I don't know what or how to import and then transcode from *.CR2 to *MLV?
Canon EOS 5D iii Carl Zeiss Jena 58mm Biotar

Walter Schulz