EOS M won´t record

Started by Jakob_Lundberg, July 01, 2023, 06:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakob_Lundberg

Hey!

I´ve downloaded crop mood on my Canon EOS M, the file name was magiclantern-crop_mood.2023May09.EOSM202.zip right from the website. I´ve set up everything in the movie tab, debug tab, and modules tab. Right now i have enabled bench, crop_rec, mlv_lite, mlv_play, mlv_snd, and sd_uhs in the Modules tab. I have 240mhz enabled on the debug tab. Raw video is on, 1:1 2.5k, i´ve adjusted the resolution in RAW menu to match the 2.5k shooting mode. I think i´ve done everything as i should, but for some reason my camera won´t record... Is there something i might have done wrong, or need to enable or something?

The only difference i noticed from my camera, to the camera used in the crop mood setting video i saw was that under the Debug tab you have a tab called Memory Patches, on the camera used in the video it was set to None, while on my camera it´s set to 11 ROM, 3 RAM. When i click in to that tab most of the lights are red (unabled?), while Code: 2998C, 2986C, 14AC4 is green (enabled?).

I´m using the SanDisk Extreme Pro 200mb/s 128GB SD Card.

Just ask questions if anythings unclear! And simple to understand but still detailed answers are appreciated, because i´m kind of new to both this camera and this system. Been shooting for a couple of years now so know a bit, but that has been on Arri and BMPCC, not EOS M ML Crop Mood. Just want a good solution on a small and powerful camera to bring on vacation. Leaving on Thursday so hope to get it running until then!

Thanks in advance!:)

whitelight

Upper switch is on movie position, right?

Jakob_Lundberg

Danne

What lens? Unscrew to release circuits, restart.

Walter Schulz

Run benchmark in cam and share results.

Jakob_Lundberg

So i had a Cosmicar C-mount Tv Lens 8.5mm 1 : 1.5 on it to get as much out of the 3x ish crop as possible, unscrewed it and screwed on a Canon Zoom Lens EF-M 18-55mm 1 : 3.5-5.6.

Now the recording worked.

So the Cosmicar lens is not compatible? Got the lens used and bought a C-mount to EOS M adapter to it. Any way to get the 8.5mm lens to work? I love wide lenses but if the 18-55mm with crop is the only one working then i guess that´s what i´m rolling with!

Any advice with the Cosmicar Lens?

Jakob_Lundberg

The Benchmark said:
W81.4 MB/s
R85.8 MB/s
W81.2 MB/s
R85.8 MB/s

Danne

Manual lens. Enable it in C.fn.
You filmed with arri before?

bobolee

You want small camera for vacation ?Then all the cameras you mentioned is for making pro videos,not run and gun stuff.These are for movies,you need a lot of accessories to make it function well.Buy something like sony zv e10 instead .
EOSM,ex pro 95MB/s,NP-F970 for power,feiyu scorp pro+manual focus kit

Jakob_Lundberg

Everything works as it should now it seems! Thanks for all the help! You saved my ass ahaha.

And yes i´m doing a cinematography bachelor at film school right now so we have got two Arri Classics we use twice a year for the exam short films! Trying to gather as much money as possible to the budget so we might be able to rent the Mini for our Bachelor film next semester since the classic is so clunky and heavy to work with, but the classics great though in many ways!

Thanks again!

Jakob_Lundberg

And yes i know the mentioned cameras are mostly for professional work but i wanted a small and compact camera on a student budget, that also can shoot RAW material. So the EOS M with ML was worth the shot! Doing a travel video type of thing and wanted as much freedom in grade as possible:)

DarkTrapStudio

If you need something else for cheap (less 400$) there the OG bmpcc, Sony A7 mark 1, Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II, Panasonic GH4 if theses badass EOS M have too much weight (I mean gigab)

*Sorry haven't read correctly the RAW necessity, the OG Bmpcc can only