Lag in live view on the display/monitor!

Started by Jakob_Lundberg, June 28, 2023, 01:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakob_Lundberg

I just downloaded ML on my Canon EOS M, with the firmware version 2.0.2, and i guess i have the latest Eos M build for magic lantern. Im trying to figure everything out before going on vacation next week! But for some reason the live view on my display/monitor keeps lagging. It works just fine in HD and 2K, but the second i try switching over to shooting modes like 2.5K, 2.8K, and 5K anamorphic it keeps giving me a frame every half a second or so, and the image on the monitor is projected in bad quality. I have RAW video enabled. Does anybody have an explanation for this?

Thanks in advance!

theBilalFakhouri

Please share a video which shows the issue you are having.

kitor

RTFM. Only "FRTP" and "crop" presets have any kind of real time preview.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R or RP mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

theBilalFakhouri

The laggy preview is called "Framing" preview, and what are you having is normal. In Danne build only presets with "frtp" has full real-time preview, other presets have cropped real-time preview and as result, Danne made these presets to prefer "Framing" preview instead of cropped real-time one (iirc you can change that in RAW video submenu).

There is new recent ML build version which is called "crop mood", basically this build bring full real-time preview to mostly all crop mode presets:
Crop mood - WYSIWYG Edition (650D / 700D / EOS M / 100D)

Jakob_Lundberg

Thank you! But for some reason it wont let me change from "Framing" to "Real-Time" in the RAW sub menu! It only jumps back to "Framing" when i click on it...

If i want to download the crop mood to my camera, do i just do it the same way i downloaded ML first? Or do i have to delete ML from my camera or erase the card or something like that?

Thanks again!

Jakob_Lundberg

Found out no worries! Thanks for all the help!