EOS M Shutter problem

Started by garry23, June 18, 2023, 06:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

As some may know I'm not new to ML, it's just that I've mainly been using my CHDK cams recently.

Anyway, I decided to revisit my EOSM DOFIS script and noticed some strangeness.

Without ML on a card all is OK, ie the shutter works as expected.

Put ML (latest Lua fix build) on and with all modules off, ie bare ML, the shutter will not fire.

I've (think) I've tried everything to see if I have a 'rogue' setting somewhere, but the problem remains.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on, ie what stupid thing I'm doing?

Cheers

Garry

Walter Schulz

garry23

Walter how stupid am I.

I had completely forgotten that issue.

Thanks for reminding me!

Cheers

Garry

garry23

Walter

I hope you can help again as the latest Lua fix, which is later than the one I was using, seems to not have a menu to allow me to switch scripts on and off their auto running mode.

Or, once again, am I missing something?

PS Also why has the SET trigger been remaoved from ETTR? You need SET to be able to have auto bracketing and ETTR active :-(

Walter Schulz

Loaded latest lua_fix and activated lua.mo. After restart scripts in Script tab/screen are visible and accessing sub for a script I can opt for Autorun OFF/ON.
Do you have a script to test where it doesn't work?
After loading ETTR.mo and restarting I was able to access Auto ETTR submenu and first option is Trigger mode and default is "Press SET".

Maybe delete ML subdir and copy lua_fix contents to card once more.

garry23

Walter I reloaded everything and it's OK now: strange.

Thanks for help.

Cheers

Garry

garry23

Walter (or anyone) from your experience, can you recommend a reasonably priced SD card that reduces/eliminates the shutter bug on the M?

I'm not looking for super large card and not one for video ;-)

Cheers

Garry

Walter Schulz

Samsung EVO Plus 512 GB. There is a deal right now (Germany): 30 Euro.

garry23

garry23

Walter, BTW, that's a micro sd card. I've never used one of those in an adapter. I assume all is ok, ie compared to a normal sd?

c_joerg

I only use only micro sd cards on all my M's, P&S and R's and had never any problems with them.
EOS R

garry23

@c_]oerg

That's good to know, ie about the micro sd option.

BTW I purchased a faster card, but restricted myself to 64gb, ie to see if it fixed the shutter bug, and it did.

Does anyone have any guidance on card size, eg  would going to 128 vs 256 be ok? Or is there evidence of a max size of card?

Walter Schulz

No experience with 512 and above.
Specs allow up to 2TB but they.exist as prototypes only.

garry23

Thanks Walter, I think I'm safe therefore to go up to 256, which will do me :-)

BTW the card I have successfully tried was a SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO SDXC card, 200MB/s, UHS-I, Class 10, U3, V30, at £15.

Cheers

Garry