Super sharp 3400*1700 5d3 video, plus a request...

Started by 70MM13, June 11, 2023, 02:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70MM13

After shooting this video at a little over 3400*1700, I simply used 2x superscaling (sharp, sinc) in resolve to easily and quickly bring it up to 3840 with beautiful results!  Take a look at the beautiful sharp mesh around the subject tree in the opening scene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO1I4UJr2kE

There was a sudden stop during the second shot, and although I was only 6 feet from the camera, I couldn't hear those few short quiet beeps in a forest full of singing birds, and I kept talking without knowing the recording had stopped.

Can someone PLEASE add an option for a continuous tone when the camera suffers a stop?

I asked years ago, and was ignored.  I know it's fashionable to ignore me, but is there really no one out there who also needs a better alarm when the recording crashes?

really?

names_are_hard

It's not a conspiracy against you, there are just very very few devs, and every new feature is hard.  And, every option makes the GUI more cluttered, or requires a bunch of think -> implement -> test cycles to make it a good compromise.

I have been doing a lot of work in the background to have a modern repo that supports old and new cams.  Ask me again in a year and I might have time to attempt this.

DarkTrapStudio

You could find people with the same problem and create a fund to priorize a ML dev on this, just an idea..

Walter Schulz

It has been discussed a hundred times: Making this happen will jeopardize the project. Anything that can be assumed as "paid work contract" opens a can of worms nobody want to deal with.
Taxes, contracts, liability...
We are not going there for sure!

names_are_hard

I don't think it would jeopardise the project, I want to deal with this, and I think we should go there.

But it does need to be organised properly so we manage the various risks.

Walter Schulz

Covered by umbrella like Conservancy? Long way to go!

And the very issue of "pay for feature" development was considered to be almost certainly excluded.

DarkTrapStudio

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 12, 2023, 08:52:22 PM
It has been discussed a hundred times: Making this happen will jeopardize the project. Anything that can be assumed as "paid work contract" opens a can of worms nobody want to deal with.
Taxes, contracts, liability...
We are not going there for sure!

The idea was more donation like crop mood, like bringing something rather than asking a want without something back

names_are_hard

The donations to Bilal are not part of ML, and very specifically did say you would get X if you paid Y.

names_are_hard

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 12, 2023, 09:21:16 PM
Covered by umbrella like Conservancy? Long way to go!

And the very issue of "pay for feature" development was considered to be almost certainly excluded.

I don't think it's a long journey, it just needs the right people to commit to it.  Alex could have done it, but stopped being involved before the decision was made.

Direct pay per feature, perhaps this isn't sensible, but I don't think it's that important, either.  If people see that donations are useful to the project, and the project generally produces good things, I think it would work fine.

But I don't know if my opinion is relevant.  Who is official ML now?  Who's left?  g3gg0, I think, but he is pretty quiet :)

DarkTrapStudio

Quote from: names_are_hard on June 12, 2023, 11:14:13 PM
The donations to Bilal are not part of ML, and very specifically did say you would get X if you paid Y.

Yes I said like, not specificaly like crop mood this was a broad idea, again the though was give if asking

Btw, I can help with music and audio mixing for ML projects and related projects like Crop Mood if needed, didn't know where to put this.

*I edited the first attempt of this reply cause I misunderstood your answer.