High Capacity SD Card with 700D and Crop Mood question

Started by DarkTrapStudio, June 05, 2023, 02:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrapStudio

Hello everybody, hope you are going well !

Question :

So 2TB is limit capacity for 700D right ? Is high capacity card like 1 or 2 tb work as good as the low/medium capacity cards I see most using ? With Crop Mood build

Have a good sunny day :P :) 8)

Thanks in advance

(I just ordered my first camera/700D ever waiting for it rn and need to get a SD card to test it I got only two days to confirm it to return it if there is problem Im so exited !)

Walter Schulz

Kioxia announced 2 TB prototypes September, 2022. All 2 TB advertised on Amazon and Ebay are fake (and they know and do nothing about it).
Real 1 TB may work but we can't say for sure. If it can do W90 (90 MByte/s writing) or more there is a high likelihood it may work with ML's overclocking module at 240 MHz.

Here are some tested and recommended card types: https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25841.0

Do you really need more than 3 hours recording duration for a single session?

DarkTrapStudio

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 05, 2023, 02:55:26 PM
Kioxia announced 2 TB prototypes September, 2022. All 2 TB advertised on Amazon and Ebay are fake (and they know and do nothing about it).
Real 1 TB may work but we can't say for sure. If it can do W90 (90 MByte/s writing) or more there is a high likelihood it may work with ML's overclocking module at 240 MHz.

Here are some tested and recommended card types: https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25841.0

Do you really need more than 3 hours recording duration for a single session?

Thanks for your greats insights Walter, I didn't know at all that the 2TB was at this stage (For Amazon I already know Its an Aliexpress counterpart for a lot of products ^^)

I don't need it right away, but I may need it to record Showcase Concerts / Live music production sessions, Im not sure the workflow Im gonna have at 100% even if I learned a lot because Its gonna be my first camera

Thanks again :)

bobolee

You have such confidence in this "experimental"firmware?What if it crashes.I certainly experienced it,a lot!
EOSM,ex pro 95MB/s,NP-F970 for power,feiyu scorp pro+manual focus kit

Walter Schulz

I only have concerns about price/performance ratio. There are only few fast 1 TB cards around and their pricing is unproportional high.

bobolee

1t sandisk extreme pro 200M/S 写入140M/S  SD CARD is 1700YUAN or 238USD in my country.With this money,you are able to buy a second hand 700d!
But,1t extreme pro MICRO SD CARD with original adapter is 900YUAN or 126USD.I have a 256GB version of this card.
I don't really know the difference between the micro sd with adapter and SD card,I'm researching it.

Walter Schulz

DarkTrapStudio

Quote from: Walter Schulz on June 12, 2023, 05:05:09 PM
There is no difference in performance.

Thanks that was something I was asking myself too

For sure this question was a bit useless, this is a though about someone who doesn't shoot already I apologize

DarkTrapStudio

Quote from: bobolee on June 12, 2023, 04:12:26 PM
You have such confidence in this "experimental"firmware?What if it crashes.I certainly experienced it,a lot!

You had a lot of crashes on Crop Mood with non high demanding presets ?

bobolee

Quote from: DarkTrapStudio on June 12, 2023, 08:35:54 PM
You had a lot of crashes on Crop Mood with non high demanding presets ?
I don't want to discourage anyone,but this ML area is so complicated, so much uncertainty,sometimes painful.Use it on your own risk.

DarkTrapStudio

Thanks but Its explicitly stated on the forums and user video, thats why Im here I like learning and the community (at least from what Ive seen on Youtube and the Devs work) is amazing, if not I would just wait a year or two and buy a bmpcc or something.