Crop mood - WYSIWYG Edition (650D / 700D / EOS M / 100D)

Started by theBilalFakhouri, April 01, 2023, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: morero10 on April 12, 2023, 07:33:17 PM
i have donating through Debit/Credit cards option

the message is
were sorry that we are experiencing temporarydifficulties please try againlater we apologizefor the inconvenience
return to paypal

Unfortunately, I don't know what is causing this error. You may want to retry again tomorrow. If it still don't work, would you be able to create PayPal account and donate via PayPal option?

theBilalFakhouri

-Status update:

5 days were passed, 1754 of 2214 GBP were raised.
It's 79.2% of the goal.

Remaining: 460 GBP. Are you able to donate? Your support is needed

Thanks!

theBilalFakhouri

We got a leaked footage showing EOS M running Crop mood:

Credit: @masc, thanks for testing and for the demo!

theBilalFakhouri

-Status update:

6 days were passed, 1959 of 2214 GBP were raised.
It's 88.5% of the goal.

Remaining: 255 GBP. Help us to close the goal!

Thanks!

koopg

lol,

NOW 5D3

please

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

iaburn

I had hopes to play with the new build this weekend, but it looks like it will take still longer  :-\

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: koopg on April 14, 2023, 11:48:54 AM
NOW 5D3

please

WILL DO MY BEST

Read the first post for more info about 5D3!

Quote from: iaburn on April 14, 2023, 11:55:00 AM
I had hopes to play with the new build this weekend, but it looks like it will take still longer  :-\

We are so close, I hope we will reach the goal very soon!

theBilalFakhouri

We are so close!

2080 of 2214 GPB rasied
It's 93.9% of the goal!

Remaining: 134 GBP

Are you able to support?

Here you go:
https://mlv.app/crop_mood

theBilalFakhouri

Last update:

2219 of 2214 GBP raised!
It's 100.2% of the goal!

--> Goal reached!

Thanks everyone for your contribution! The builds and source code will be released shortly, stay stuned!

theBilalFakhouri

Crop mood - It's online!

https://youtu.be/39S13-HwajA

-Download:

700D:
magiclantern-crop_mood.2023Apr01.700D115.zip
magiclantern-crop_mood.2023Apr01.700D115_Shutter.zip (if ML doesn't report correct shutter speed, try this one)

650D:
magiclantern-crop_mood.2023Apr01.650D104.zip

EOS M:
magiclantern-crop_mood.2023Apr01.EOSM202.zip

100D:
magiclantern-crop_mood.2023Apr01.100D101.zip

-ISOless Dual ISO fix:

If you have ISOless errors on 650D or 700D when using Dual ISO try these dual_iso.mo versions, put dual_iso.mo in ML/modules folder in SD card (replace the old one with the new one):

Dual ISO ISOless fix - 650D - 700D.zip

-Source code:
Reveal the magic!

-Notes:

Please make sure you watch "Crop mood - Build Walkthrough" video before asking questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0M7n2cAHMM

-If you have further questions, feel free to ask! Will try to answer them as soon as possible.

Happy testing!

cedricp

:'( Lot of undefined symbols on EOSM when loading modules....

theBilalFakhouri

@cedricp

Which modules exactly are you loading? Have you checked Crop mood - Build Walkthrough video?

cedricp

Dunno, I deactivated some then reenabled, all is OK now.... Awesome :)

SebastianC

Hi, my eos100d 2.8K 1:1 should be 10-bit lossless simultaneously, same with crop mode; if not, it can only be for 2 seconds, and 3k 1:1 cannot be shot and viewed in real-time. Thank you!

pmiramon

Great job, it goes very smoothly! I just have one question, isn't it possible to see in the preview of the 1:1 modes the aspect ratio provided by the resolution chosen in the "RAW video" options? I mean, if I choose a resolution with an aspect ratio of 4:3 (for example 1400x1080), preview this aspect ratio on screen?

koopg

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 14, 2023, 09:31:26 PM[full quote deleted]
can you open a 5D3 thread so I can follow?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: SebastianC on April 14, 2023, 10:40:04 PM
Hi, my eos100d 2.8K 1:1 should be 10-bit lossless simultaneously, same with crop mode; if not, it can only be for 2 seconds,

Hello, I didn't get what do you mean?

Quote from: SebastianC on April 14, 2023, 10:40:04 PM
and 3k 1:1 cannot be shot and viewed in real-time.

3K 1:1 preset has cropped centered real-time preview, this was mentioned already in first post and build walkthrough video.

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: pmiramon on April 14, 2023, 10:41:18 PM
Great job, it goes very smoothly! I just have one question, isn't it possible to see in the preview of the 1:1 modes the aspect ratio provided by the resolution chosen in the "RAW video" options? I mean, if I choose a resolution with an aspect ratio of 4:3 (for example 1400x1080), preview this aspect ratio on screen?

Thank you!

I think you are refering to RAW video cropmarks when using lower asepct ratio or reslutions from RAW video submenu.
Currently RAW video (mlv_lite) cropmarks are not implemented yet when using Crop mood, it should be easy implement though, will do that in future release!

Thanks for the report!

iaburn

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! No one is writing because everyone is busy testing  :D :D

I have no words, the responsiveness, the real time preview in all modes, the quick access to all the modes... too good to be true  :o

Things that I've discovered and I love:
- Presets were a must for me because of the different tools you could activate due to different preview modes, and also because of the fine tune necessary for each mode, so too much to remember.
  Now there is a consistency across modes that makes all these personalized settings unnecessary, plus it's so easy and convenient to move between modes that I just want to do it!
- Something maybe not directly related to the new features is that on my 100D the 240Mhz SD mode was never working, and now it does work and just as well as on the EOS M! I have a 2.8K clip at  85.97MB/s data rate on the 100D, unthinkable before
- Realtime preview comes with much lower CPU usage, which translates in longer recording times for hi-res modes like 2.8K or 3K.
- I also appreciate having more granularity on the bit depth selection, 11bit might come in handy when pushing the limits (still need to test the practical difference with 10/12bits)
- I tried recording in all combinations I could think of without restarting the camera and I didn't had a single hang/crash. I got use to them and kind of new when will they were going to happen, but having this reliability is awesome.

I got use to Danne's custom shortcuts (ISO with up/down, etc) and I would have to adapt or find how to change shortcuts, but the build is still a pleasure to use. You spent many hours in this update theBilalFakhouri, but that was a very well invested time. Can't wait to go out and test it tomorrow :D

pmiramon

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 14, 2023, 11:25:57 PM
Thank you!

I think you are fefering to RAW video cropmarks when using lower asepct ratio or reslutions from RAW video submenu.
Currently RAW video (mlv_lite) cropmarks are not implemented yet when using Crop mood, it should be easy implement though, will do that in future release!

Thanks for the report!

Yes, that's exactly what I meant! I seem to remember that the black frames were loaded as images. Thanks for the answer Bilal!

iaburn

I'm reviewing some samples and it looks like the focus pixels removal is not working for some modes like the 2.8K on the EOS M (2880x1226). I have old 2.8K clips (2800x1192) and it works fine on those.
Do some modes need new focus pixels maps for MLVApp?