Crop mood - WYSIWYG Edition (650D / 700D / EOS M / 100D)

Started by theBilalFakhouri, April 01, 2023, 06:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: iaburn on April 09, 2023, 09:53:47 PM
If this update is not making every Magic Lantern user that can afford it to contribute, I don't know what will!  :D

Maybe I failed with making them excited :P
No pressure on anyone though!

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Mattia on April 10, 2023, 10:58:46 AM
Just donated even if I'm not an Eos M user anymore, I sincerely admire your work, Bilal! and I also hope you'll futher develop ML for 5d3 :)

Thank you! I appreciate all the support. Definitely getting something working on 5D3 will me make more excited :)

amitkattal

Anyone know how to donate if paypal isnt supported in the country?

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: amitkattal on April 10, 2023, 01:53:38 PM
Anyone know how to donate if paypal isnt supported in the country?

I will need to know which the other option is valid for the donor so I can check (with ilia3101) the possibility if we can accpet it.
Cryptocurrency is valid option for me too if the donor used it before.

theBilalFakhouri

-Status update:

72 hours were passed, 1279 of 2214 GBP raised.
It's 57.7% of the goal.

Who pressed the brake? Step on the gas!

iaburn

On Facebook and Youtube it looks like Magic Lantern is still a thing, many people talks about it, but it's sad to see how the actual interest is lower than it seems  :(
I hope this project keeps on going for many years, driven by money or self-challenge, it doesn't matter.
Custom firmwares extending hardware functionality over the original purpose is more or less common on video games, but I think it's a unique case for cameras (leaving small hacks aside) and I'm a big fan of taking old hardware to the limit!
Let's give another push to the donations to keep the flow running  :)

Walter Schulz

iaburn

gabriielangel

Quote from: iaburn on April 10, 2023, 10:39:00 PM
On Facebook and Youtube it looks like Magic Lantern is still a thing, many people talks about it, but it's sad to see how the actual interest is lower than it seems  :(

People mostly go to the fb group to ask questions and share their videos, so it will take a few days before everyone gets to see the announcement.
The other thing is that fb and YT compression makes the 1080p mode look "Acceptable" (And some of the members have so much talent that the images actually look quite good!)
Some time will be needed for people to realize how significant Bilal's latest work is (and what he means with the post with Drake in it, as some users never used those modes before  :) )

ozcancelik

Paypal is banned in my country. I found a way and sent it. I'm waiting for the MK3 build, but it's okay if it doesn't come out. Thank you Bilal!

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: ozcancelik on April 11, 2023, 04:09:46 PM
Paypal is banned in my country. I found a way and sent it. I'm waiting for the MK3 build, but it's okay if it doesn't come out. Thank you Bilal!

Thanks for your intention to support! I have already talked about 5D3 status in first post .. I hope I get something on 5D3 in future.
Where are you located? Do you know other platforms which work in your country other than PayPal?

ozcancelik

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 11, 2023, 04:49:40 PM
Thanks for your intention to support! I have already talked about 5D3 status in first post .. I hope I get something on 5D3 in future.
Where are you located? Do you know other platforms which work in your country other than PayPal?
Turkey. But I have friend from Netherlands and he already sent. And paypal is still best way i think. Problem is my country, not paypal [emoji3]

Thanks for interest.

theBilalFakhouri

@ozcancelik

I see, thank you very much for your support!

theBilalFakhouri

-Status update:

96 hours were passed, 1478 of 2214 GBP raised.
It's 66.7% of the goal.

Remaining: 736 GBP. Give your support if you can, Thanks!

theBilalFakhouri

iaburn

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 12, 2023, 10:01:56 AM
The real reason why donations slowed down

Very much on point...

Don't want to get political here, but same thing happens when people disagree with something and they wait for others to take the responsibility and the risk of public protesting.

It will help you, you'll benefit from it, so don't wait for others to do it for you  :(

whitelight

Donated a small amount on the 1st day, but I am ready to repeat the donation if the situation doesn't improve in a few days. Thanks for your work, Bilal!

morero10

first thank you Bilal for your great effort. I tried to donate and When I completed filling out the form, it gives me a message that there is a problem and I must try again. Is there a solution? I'm from morocco

Bruno Italiano

I haven't seen this donation on the Facebook page of Magic Lantern? Maybe helping to encourage even more?

Mattia:
"Just donated even if I'm not an Eos M user anymore, I sincerely admire your work, Bilal! and I also hope you'll futher develop ML for 5d3 :)"
:)

Bruno Italiano:
"240mhz would improve 5d3?"

https://youtu.be/V0M7n2cAHMM

theBilalFakhouri

@iaburn

Of course we don't force anyone to donate, but some memes seem to encourage more people :)

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: whitelight on April 12, 2023, 01:52:52 PM
Donated a small amount on the 1st day, but I am ready to repeat the donation if the situation doesn't improve in a few days. Thanks for your work, Bilal!

Thank you very much for your support! I appreciate it. I hope everyone whould enjoy the new build when it get released! Can't wait when it comes out to everyone.

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: morero10 on April 12, 2023, 02:23:54 PM
first thank you Bilal for your great effort. I tried to donate and When I completed filling out the form, it gives me a message that there is a problem and I must try again. Is there a solution? I'm from morocco

Thank you for your intention to donate :)

Are you donating through PayPal option or Debit/Credit cards option? What kind of error is showing?

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Bruno Italiano on April 12, 2023, 03:58:03 PM
I haven't seen this donation on the Facebook page of Magic Lantern? Maybe helping to encourage even more?

Sure it might help. I don't have direct access to it, but more likely a discussion should be made with ML team to decide what's appropriate to post and what isn't on offical ML accounts.
For now I think official ML FB page is dedicated for more general announcements rather than individual stuff announcements.

morero10

i have donating through Debit/Credit cards option

the message is
were sorry that we are experiencing temporarydifficulties please try againlater we apologizefor the inconvenience
return to paypal