Author Topic: HDMI Output Settings (hdmi_out.mo)  (Read 2969 times)

theBilalFakhouri

• Developer
Re: HDMI Output Settings (hdmi_out.mo)
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2021, 11:23:46 AM »
can i somehow start broadcasting on dji RavenEye with this module on canon 6d?

You can use this module with any HDMI device, not all HDMI devices are guaranteed to work (like when using Progressive option), you need to do some tests.
700D 1.1.5 | no more ISOless LV err 8 / SDR104 @ 240 MHz - Constant! | Fixed Scrambled LiveView in Higher resolution | Real-Time correct framing in the Way

IDA_ML

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2021, 08:06:22 AM »
Has anyone tried the HDMI output on a 1920x1080 capture card?  Does that work and how is image quality in the 1x3 crop modes?  I use these 1x3 modes all the time.  My idea is to use an old smart phone as external monitor via a capture card.  Will that work?

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2021, 08:25:01 AM »
You can answer both questions on your own:
a) Connect camera HDMI to HDMI input of your monitor/TV set.
b) Connect capture card to phone and connect capture card to HDMI output.

theBilalFakhouri

• Developer
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2021, 08:34:18 AM »
1x3 presets (which have real-time correct preview) do work with HDMI output, but only in 1080i output and in Full Canon preview (toggle between Small and Full Canon preview by pressing Info button while in 1080i output), the quality is good enough and of course it's better than camera LCD, but it suffer from aliasing and moire in LiveView (this also happens on LCD).

-I didn't have corrupted frames with 1x3 presets and 1080i HDMI (tested on 700D).

As far as I know, Danne did implement HDMI support for 1x3 presets for EOS M but he didn't test it, you need to make some tests (e.g try it on any TV with 1080i output) then feedback.

700D 1.1.5 | no more ISOless LV err 8 / SDR104 @ 240 MHz - Constant! | Fixed Scrambled LiveView in Higher resolution | Real-Time correct framing in the Way

IDA_ML

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2021, 10:02:22 AM »
You can answer both questions on your own:
a) Connect camera HDMI to HDMI input of your monitor/TV set.
b) Connect capture card to phone and connect capture card to HDMI output.

If I could, I wouldn't be asking, right?  I am considering buying a capture card, adapters and cables but don't have them yet.  My purchase decision will depend on whether this is a working solution or not.  If anybody has some experience with that, I should appreciate some information.

Thanks a lot, Bilal.  This is very useful information, indeed. 

Walter Schulz

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2021, 10:16:12 AM »
Nobody can tell if your old smartphone will do the job. Telling type and OS version would be a start ...
HDMI adapter (with/without cable) is 2.50 to 6 €, cheap HDMI-USB converter 8 to 15 €. I recommend adapter and converter with cables attached.

IDA_ML

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2021, 02:47:27 PM »
The phone is Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android OS on it, (I do not remember the exact version and dont have the phone here to check).  I will also need a OTG cable, I guess.