[SOLVED] Afraid My t3i is messed up! Can't Adjust ISO in movie mode

Started by T3iNewb, September 05, 2012, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3iNewb

Hi there,

Last night i installed Magic Lantern on my SD card and followed a step by step video on youtube on how to install it.

The installation was successful, but soon after i restarted my T3i and ran Magic Lantern, i noticed my camera was Laggy and glitchy, (I'm assuming the card i had was too slow?) it was a 16gb card

soon after, i googled searched "how to uninstall magic lantern"

and came across the solution of turning the knob to "M" installing the Firmware update, then switching the Knob once more to the right to Disable Magic Lantern"

I then turn the camera off after successfully disabling ML. Removed the Battery for 2 seconds.

Then i downloaded the T3i firmware from Canon's website and installed it onto my SD card and updated the firmware on my Camera.

Everything seems to be working okay, but now in Movie Mode, I can't adjust the ISO whatsoever and it is NOT recording when im trying to adjust it. I get a message along the lines of "can't adjust iso while in auto expo mode" ....

I know that i used to be able to adjust it, and i think maybe im forgetting a setting, but im hoping its not an issue from magic lantern.. can anyone help out?

Malcolm Debono

You need to switch 'Movie exposure' to Manual from one of the tabs in Canon menu (you need to be already in movie mode to see this tab). Let me know if this solves your problem.

Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

T3iNewb

Thanks for being so helpful!

I'm at work right now, but as soon as I get home I am going to try that...

I'm 99.9% sure that you are right! I knew there was a setting I missed.

Thanks for helping out a noob, Much appreciated!  :)

Malcolm Debono

Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!