[OBSOLETE] Raw deflickering for timelapse

Started by a1ex, September 04, 2012, 09:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g3gg0

depending on camera model, "analog ISO" goes up to 1600 or 3200.
if you go over this value, its just "digital ISO" which can be done in post also.

assuming you shoot RAW
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

ilguercio

Quote from: nanomad on October 04, 2012, 09:20:02 PM
He's half right, sort of.

Analog ISO can't be obtained in post processing.
Sometimes you can obtain the same effect of digitally pulled/pushed ISO in post processing altough the in-camera ISO settings is usually better as it is applied before raw / jpeg processing
That's what i said. He states that the camera stores a RAW file regardless of the ISO setting chosen which is wrong as the amplification of the signal (the analog way) has to be done when capturing light and passing it over to the A/D converter.
ISO is set at that moment, you can digitally fiddle with it but that doesn't change the true ISO value the photo was taken at.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

Roman

Okay thanks guys, that makes sense.

SuperBlueNova

I have got a comparison done in the Video section of this forum. I used LRTimelapse and compared its great effort to that of the easy click and forget a1ex program. I am impressed, to say the least! Even at default settings it looks just as good if not better! With a bit of work I think it will be really great!

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3217.0

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3221.0

nickehallgren

Hi,

I've tried A1ex Raw deflicker script but I still have alot of flickering. Are somebody using this script and do you have any ideas why it is flickering so much? I tried different setting in ML auto, sunset, etc. I have even had the lens "turned" so that the aperture can't change but yet no luck...

http://youtu.be/R5QIl3CQv5M

BR Nicke

Betelgeuza

Quote from: a1ex on September 05, 2012, 08:58:03 AM
If you have some RAW footage with lots of flicker, please let me know, I'd like to test the script on some more demanding scenarios.

i got .. iwill upload files  soon to google drive.. but i got here 100kb/s up so it take moment .if this is still possible

Edit :

its 20 gb ( 922 files ) and my  google drive got  5 gb :/ .. i  cant upload it  :C  i  can get  jpg`s but i thing this is not good idea :/

dfsgfeiuhd

Hi,

your result looks awesome. I shoot the sun set in the pacific yesterday using bulb ramping on a 600d and ML 2.3. Right after the sun set exposure changed drastically and the frame afterwards is highly overexposed.

So, I'd like to apply the deflicker to jpegs or tiffs since I use Adobe Camera Raw to Develop my files. I like the effect, the clarity regulator has on the look, so i need either to change the original raw files without outputting jpeg or apply deflickering afterwards.

Can this be done?

Cheers!

a1ex

Status update: latest findings about RAW histogram will allow me to integrate this algorithm in ML. This means flicker-free ramping from 1/8000 all the way to several minutes of exposure. That's called holy grail, right?

Don't expect it overnight. I have all the ingredients for this, but putting everything together is not trivial.

Michael Zöller

neoluxx.de
EOS 5D Mark II | EOS 600D | EF 24-70mm f/2.8 | Tascam DR-40

leandroprz

That sounds great! Can't wait to test it.

M@rk

Hi A1ex

I would love to try this out, I've given the script a go, but I'm very new to Python.  Any chance I can try out the GUI?

TheJuice

Hi,
In a nightly build I've seen a "LTR holy grail" option in the timelapse submenu.
Does that mean that the new algorithm is now integrated in ML and that we therefore do not need this workflow anymore ?

Thanks

clint

I'm not familiar with the final solution, so please excuse my ignorance if I'm asking a question with an obvious answer to most of you? Has anyone tried using Optical Flow algorithms to reduce the flicker?  Or is this using optical flow?