Auto Braketing accesing the bulb mode.

Started by zaikar, August 31, 2012, 11:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaikar

On the new auto braketing function, would it be possible to allow the camare use the bulb mode in extreme cases, like for example when you are shooting on a night sceene at low ISO the camera goes to 30' for EV +1 and because thats the maximum time (30') when the camera whants to perform the EV +2 it goes againt to 30', so it would be really nice to fix that, so the camera knows when yo need moore thank 30' and goes automaticly in bulb mode, getin in 1minute or what's needed...

(Sorry for my english...) I hope you understand my request, I think it would be really nice.

Thanks

Kunibert

If  you use the AV-Mode you are limited to 30'.
Use M-Mode an you will get as much time as it takes as the M-Mode is limited to 8h(?)

Most of the time i use AV-Mode and check the time. If the time gets high (>5-10 sec) i will switch to M-Mode and use the settings from AV-Mode as starting point.

Be aware that if you take long exposures (or use high iso) the camera will take a second shot (with closed mirror) to determine the noise (if you have that option aktivated) - this second shot will take exactly the same time (on the 500D it shows busy). So if you take long exposures you will have to wait for the shot itself and than the same time for the 'noise reduction shot' - which make nighttime bracketing a long wait.

a1ex

To wait less, you can disable the long exposure noise reduction, and/or use ISO shifting.