raw2mlv processing

Started by Danne, November 10, 2019, 03:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilia3101

masc

Quote from: Ilia3101 on November 16, 2019, 01:12:50 PM
What does this mean
I filtered file extensions in MLVApp, to not send e.g. mp3, exe, docx, ... to your lib. I had a look what libraw supports and took just the most important file extensions. See latest commit messages on repos, then you'll understand. Yesterday evening I got some Sony raw files and tried them out... after I added the extension to the filter. Looks like I did that after @cmh compiled...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

DeafEyeJedi

This is all fantastic progress. Loving the collaborations from everyone on here.  8)

Especially @garry23 for making sure we don't put photography on the back burner.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

2blackbar

Would it be possible to make dng's from google pixel cameras working ? They shoot raw as well and i tried to convert their dng by importing in mlvapp , that didnt worked, shows gray image, i can edit them as regular dng files in other programs like rawtherapee but id love to open them in amazing MLVApp.
Heres link to the dng, i dont know how different it is from other dng's :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gUkQd9ssmG2dH-JlAtNnAj25weGy6YiI

AF-OFF

Quote from: masc on November 14, 2019, 10:13:55 PM
I tried to integrate RAW2MLV to MLVApp. To use this, compile and install raw2mlv like this (path of MLVApp executable):

If MLVApp finds this executable, it will show this action:

Triggering brings:

Select single picture or a sequence folder, then click "Transcode and Import", choose a destination folder. Then it will need some time - WAIT! - and the converted files show up in the session.

TESTED ON OSX ONLY! Linux might work too, on Windows I expect some additions. AND: only the "good" use case works - no error handling at all. So if you do s*** you will get s***. :P

This doesn't work for me on any of my macs. Any help would be appreciated.
I have MBP with Yosemite, MBP with Catalina and Macpro5.1 with High sierra.
What I dit, just extracted the executeable from the raw2mlv.app and copied it to the MLV10.1 package inside of Macos folder. Checking in Terminal, it shows the correct right like mlv or ffmpeg executables.

Fortunately, raw2mlv.app standalone works well

I also became curious, if it works with CHDK - generated cr2 files from my sx220 - sadly it doesn't
The files are recognised by the mac finder and raw2mlv generates a mlv video clip, but this is pure white only. So maybe this is no real cr2 file I assume. Anyone using CHDK also who can check this?

thanks

masc

Quote from: AF-OFF on December 08, 2019, 07:32:22 PM
This doesn't work for me on any of my macs. Any help would be appreciated.
I have MBP with Yosemite, MBP with Catalina and Macpro5.1 with High sierra.
What I dit, just extracted the executeable from the raw2mlv.app and copied it to the MLV10.1 package inside of Macos folder. Checking in Terminal, it shows the correct right like mlv or ffmpeg executables.

Fortunately, raw2mlv.app standalone works well
Do you use MLVApp 1.10 official release? This function is not included in the release. You'll need to compile MLVApp master branch yourself, in order to use this. It was "too much beta" for beeing included to the release.

Quote from: AF-OFF on December 08, 2019, 07:32:22 PM
I also became curious, if it works with CHDK - generated cr2 files from my sx220 - sadly it doesn't
The files are recognised by the mac finder and raw2mlv generates a mlv video clip, but this is pure white only. So maybe this is no real cr2 file I assume. Anyone using CHDK also who can check this?
Got this with a few other files too... did not found out why. This is the beginning of this tool... still much work to do.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

AF-OFF

Ah thanks for clarification Masc - I did understand Your post which I was quoting as this has to be done manualy anyways. Yes using now the newest 1.10 release

masc

Yes, correct, it has to be done manually in addition to the "self compiled version".
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

AF-OFF

Ah ok
1. compile yourself MLVApp master branch
2. put the executable inside of MLVApp

Thanks again for clarification Masc

2blackbar

HEy guys i extracted camera matrices from dng files its quite easy with exiftool and dng file that you can easily obtain over internet.
https://exiftool.org/
I would like to compile this new version with 2 new camera matrices so they could work in MLVApp, pixel 2 XL and sigma fp, can someone help ?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LTOjL_AXI2MKwlQb7c_duNt5vV5fxVMs
Im installing ms visualstudio... or not, i dont have 8gb free atm, any other way to compile windows build without having to download over 7GB just to get small exe compiled ?

ilia3101

Thanks. You don't need all of Visual Studio, only the "Build Tools for Visual Studio" - I think this is the one: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/#build-tools-for-visual-studio-2019

I think it's still a few GB. I don't know how to solve windows for you.

2blackbar

with help of user cmh i compiled raw2mlv on windows, he explained to me what You have to do:
QuoteDownload and install msys2-x86_64-20190524.exe from http://www.msys2.org/ (default path).

Update the package database and core system packages:
$ pacman -Syu
It will show "terminate MSYS2 without returning to shell and check for updates again"
Close MSYS2, run it again from Start menu. Update the rest:
$ pacman -Su

You need a build environment and libraw:
$ pacman -S git mingw-w64-x86_64-toolchain mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc mingw-w64-x86_64-binutils mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake mingw-w64-x86_64-libraw

MSYS2 is now set, close it and open MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit from the start menu:

Clone LibMLV's repo from github:
$ git clone https://github.com/ilia3101/LibMLV.git

Now cd into raw2mlv's folder:
$ cd LibMLV/raw2mlv/

Clone Libraw's repo from github:
$ git clone https://github.com/LibRaw/LibRaw.git -b 0.19-stable

With a decent editor (like notepad++), edit C:\msys64\home\<username>\LibMLV\raw2mlv\makefile

CC=gcc
FLAGS=-c -O3

main: raw2mlv_c LibMLV
   $(CC) raw2mlv.o libraw_r-19.dll ../LibMLV/build/unix/libMLV.dll -o raw2mlv -lm -lstdc++

raw2mlv_c:
   $(CC) $(FLAGS) raw2mlv.c

LibMLV:
   $(MAKE) -C ../LibMLV/build/unix

Edit C:\msys64\home\<username>\LibMLV\LibMLV\build\unix\makefile

CC=gcc
FLAGS=-c -fPIC -O3

main: MLVWriter MLVReader MLVFrameUtils
   ar rcs libMLV.dll *.o
   $(CC) -shared MLVWriter.o MLVReader.o MLVFrameUtils.o -o libMLV.dll

MLVWriter:
   $(CC) ../../MLVWriter.c $(FLAGS)

MLVReader:
   $(CC) ../../MLVReader.c $(FLAGS)

MLVFrameUtils:
   $(CC) ../../MLVFrameUtils.c $(FLAGS)

Copy libraw_r-19.dll from C:\msys64\mingw64\bin in C:\msys64\home\<username>\LibMLV\raw2mlv

Compile
$ mingw32-make
So makefile in raw2mlv looks like this :
CC=gcc
FLAGS=-c -O3

ifeq ($(shell uname -s), Linux)
$(CC) raw2mlv.o libraw_r-19.dll ../LibMLV/build/unix/libMLV.dll -o raw2mlv -lm -lgomp -lstdc++
else
$(CC) raw2mlv.o libraw_r-19.dll ../LibMLV/build/unix/libMLV.dll -o raw2mlv -lm -lstdc++
endif

raw2mlv_c:
$(CC) $(FLAGS) raw2mlv.c

LibMLV:
$(MAKE) -C ../LibMLV/build/unix

makefile in unix folder looks like this :
CC=gcc
FLAGS=-c -fPIC -O3

main: MLVWriter MLVReader MLVFrameUtils
ar rcs libMLV.a *.o
$(CC) -shared *.o -o libMLV.so

MLVWriter:
$(CC) ../../MLVWriter.c $(FLAGS)

MLVReader:
$(CC) ../../MLVReader.c $(FLAGS)

MLVFrameUtils:
$(CC) ../../MLVFrameUtils.c $(FLAGS)

And it compiles fine.Then just copy exe where you have old one with dlls/overwrite
Im posting this for myself and other in the future who would like to tinker with this on windows
We have very helpful people on forums, in last couple of weeks i was able to compile my own versions of Magic lantern, MLVapp and now raw2mlv , thanks a lot guys ! half year ago i wouldnt even dare to try despite getting dirty with sourcecode before.Setting eveyrthing up is sometimes pain in the butt and i appreciate all help.

ilia3101

Very good! I will make an MSYS2 build folder. Would this work with minGW/cygwin too?

2blackbar

I have cygwin installed for ML compiling and yes i did it in very similar fashion with help of Daniel Fort tutorial on forum but there was an issue there with utilities updated on server and tutorial calling for too old version its fixed now.

vstrglv

Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

vstrglv

Thanks a lot! It works! It neads vcruntime140_1.dll. I am on Win10. Max number of *.dng files is between 600 and 700.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

ilia3101

Added binning feature to raw2mlv - now you can simulate how your raw photo would look if it was shot as a MLV video.

Simply add "--binning 3" to your command (or 5 if you want 5x5 binning)

Some example MLVs created from 5Ds stills: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Np6y-0iHeihtM875aHNdCSwEALff6DW/view?usp=sharing

Wouldn't it be nice if the 5Ds could shoot MLV ;) ;) ;)

2blackbar

OK i see some stuff has changed, does anyone have compiled windows version of raw2mlv with most recent changes ? Im planning to get lumix tz80 for quite cheap but its RAW matrices in MLVApp are only with pink and cyan channel so whole image is not useable,  yellow chanel is missing, so i wanted to see if its fixed in recent raw2mlv.
RAW Samples from tz80 are here on bottom :
https://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_tz80_review/sample_images

Im having trouble to compile raw2mlv on windows.
Insteresting thing in this camera raw image in MLVApp is that it shows a bit more field of view ( not really that usable tho)than lightroom for example, it shows camera lens border...

Yeah i could edit these in lightroom but lightroom dont stand a chance against reinhard tonemapping from MLVApp.

Danne

Says raw2mlv? It's ilia3101 program. Can't really see what's going on. What sources are being used? Maybe I am missing info?

masc

These are the sources for the version included in MLVApp (or maybe slightly older, but not "much"... okay... maybe also the tagged release... but in theory it all works the same).
https://github.com/ilia3101/LibMLV/tree/b2e58cba5bb478af0775b18b5e1601014a6bb514
It uses LibRAW, LibMLV. All included in subfolder application raw2mlv. Can't see any virus... but maybe someone else...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

TonyLeps

Is there a way to embed extracted WAV files into the MLV?

Thank you so much for this tool. It's been very helpful to better process cdng files I exported before MLVApp.

essbe

I am only using Linux, and I really like the workflow with doing all grading in the mlvapp before exporting it to a better format for editing, which makes the whole editing experience smoother. For various reasons I have started to look at alternatives to the 5d mk3 and EOS M. I tried converting some photo dng samples I downloaded from the Sigma FP, but when loading into MLVApp there were black bars, pink color etc, so I guess the FP is not supported, or do the cinema dng files work? I have also been looking for cdng-files for the original BMPCC online, with no luck, to see if that camera would work in MLVApp after converting cdng to mlv. Does anyone know if it works?