Can't get the new version to install.

Started by adrefs, August 29, 2012, 08:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrefs

I have followed all the instructions to the letter:

- Formatted card in camera
- Installed Canon firmware 2.1.2

But then the instructions say to unzip the contents of the ML 2.3 folder directly to the root of my card.  Yet when I download the ML 2.3 file it just creates a folder, not a zip file, on the hard drive on my Mac.  I then attempted to place the folder itself onto my CF card in its entirety > installed the card > ran the firmware update and yet never got the green confirmation screen.

I also copied and pasted each of the various files within the ML 2.3 folder onto the root directory of the card and that didn't work either.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong.  Could this be some sort of Mac issue?  I got the previous version to run without issue.

Francis

Copying the contents of the folder is the correct way. I have a mac as well and when you decompress the ML zip, it makes a new folder named the same as the zip. What you need on the card is a ML folder, the .fir files, and autoexec.bin

When you installed the 2.1.2 firmware, did you format the card afterwards before putting the ML files on it? You definitely don't want the Canon firmware files on the card at the same time as the ML .fir files.