Can i use Gradual Exposure on 5D Mark II, but ONLY while recording?

Started by benflight, June 19, 2019, 07:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benflight

So i have discovered the gradual exposure feature in magic lantern, VERY useful by the way, and while it helps to have this feature enabled while recording video, while shooting stills it only slows me down considerably. I would like to be able to have this feature kick in ONLY once i hit the record button. Is there a way to do that?

Also, 2 more side questions. One, i saw a couple LUTs in the magic lantern data folder. Does magic lantern support in camera preview of LUTs and/or Log recording? If so, how do i enable this feature? And 2nd, one of the things that has bothered me about the 5D mark II is that you can't shoot manual exposure for video without enabling "movie display" under the screen settings in the live view function tab. BUT when you do that, these ugly 16:9 bars pop up that make it a pain in the ass to shoot stills. I would like to be able to quickly go from shooting stills to manual video, without having to dive deep into my settings. Is there a way to do this with magic lantern?

Thanks in advance!