Author Topic: Canon EOS R / RP  (Read 41548 times)

kitor

• Contributor
Re: Canon EOS R / RP
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »
Can ML currently allow this on the EOS R?

Is ML for R mentioned anywhere?

I need to upgrade (and dump) 1.3 and 1.4 and hopefully update stubs for 1.4. Yup, I'm still on 1.2.
EOS R

vlasena

• New to the forum
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2019, 11:45:12 PM »
How much bucks would you donate for ML contribution for EOS R?
100 bucks

kotik

• Freshman
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2019, 04:21:00 PM »
Hi, I really only need one single feature from ML for the EOS R, and that's the ability to auto-restart video when it reaches the file size/time limit (30 mins, as I understand it.) Can ML currently allow this on the EOS R? My 5DMkII can do this with ML, and I'd love to upgrade but I need continuous video without having to return to the camera. Multiple files is A-OK. Any insight appreciated!

With an external recorder like the Atoms Ninja V, you can do 10-bit continues recording through the HDMI output port.
My first Canon: FTb QL (Quick Loading), my first digital Canon: 20D 2.0.3
The current one: Canon EOS R

Ireversible

• Just arrived
Re: Canon EOS R
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »
Tried to run some initial tests on the EOS R; unfortunately, this is all we've got:

The error screen looks just like on previous models, which is encouraging. The camera recognized there was a FIR file on the card, for the correct model, otherwise it would have printed "Update file cannot be found". The error message means it could not verify the checksum; Canon might have changed the FIR file format, or maybe also the encryption.

Edit: progress - apparently it doesn't like tiny FIR files, but otherwise it accepts them:

Edit (February 2019): turns out it was just the decryption code locking up with some FIR files.
Encryption changed - we can no longer create FIR files for this camera.

Hi
I just bought a Canon R and I hope in the future to install a magic lantern firmware on it, but what wrote A1ex is not very encouraging...Is there still hope or will we never see ML on canon r?
Thanks

Mariiiik

• Just arrived
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2019, 06:38:30 PM »
Is it possible to create another way of donations besides bitcoin? It may be to make a separate account for the team that is working on EOS R, it seems to me that this will greatly accelerate the collection of donations. Sorry for my english

DoctorJones

• New to the forum
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2019, 11:00:08 AM »
I know it’s a faux pas asking annoying questions about ML release features, so firstly; thank you so much to all ML developers. If I ever get the pleasure of using ML on one of my cameras I will certainly donate anything I can.

Does anyone know if ML for EOS R is expected to enable 10bit recording in 1080p over HDMI? I love the look of 10bit in C-log, but I don’t have the hardware for 4K.

kitor

• Contributor
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2019, 06:23:04 PM »
Does anyone know if ML for EOS R is expected to enable 10bit recording in 1080p over HDMI? I love the look of 10bit in C-log, but I don’t have the hardware for 4K.

ML for R (or anything Digic 7+) is not expected to exist any time soon, and you're asking about specific features...

So far we have only proven that it's possible to run custom code.
I guess @a1ex that  "Magic lantern rescue" is misleading and should be replaced with another name for early development ports. Just a string swap may keep people a little less excited.
EOS R

IDA_ML

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2019, 07:31:17 PM »
If I ever get the pleasure of using ML on one of my cameras ...

Indeed, ML is a lot of pleasure and fun to use.  If you don't have a camera that supports it, please don't wait forever.  Just consider spending 100-200 US$ for a used EOS-M or 100D body.  Both cameras are ML capable and work miracles with the entire lens arsenal of Canon and with almost any lens that you can imagine using cheap adapters.  Soon you will realize that these are the best 100-200 $ that you have spent in your life.  Good luck!