Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a.sintes

@dxotic: just checked and I've got the same result with only two visible modules (adtg_gui & bench, three with cinemato), anyway notes the "content" of other modules (ettr, lua...) are already embedded in regular Danne's build ML menus (e.g.: you have a dedicated "script" tab for LUA, ettr is in the Video menu etc.).
It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

dxotic

@a.sintes Good to know I'm not the only one, I can't tell whether it has been loaded or not or are they all loaded? I mean I can record and play but  also noticed that my camera shuts down after a while is there a setting that i need to turn off or is there something wrong and then it says that the cam shut down improperly and it hasn't loaded the modules, so I have to shut it down and restart it for it to work plus with your build i get an occasional error with the crop marks not loading.

@ Kh I will embed a video tomorrow showing it. It's midnight here right now

kizza1234

Hi guys, avid user of Magic lantern, and recently got some EF anamorphic lenses.
Anybody know if its possible to get a 6:5, 3:2 or 4:3 image with the 3x3 sampling method?

After some extensive tests using this build, I am finding using this 3x3 sampling method combined with Dual ISO removes most if not all visable aliasing.
Because of this, Im keen to see if the method could be used to create a 6:5, 3:2 or 4:3 output instead of the current 16:9, 2.35:1 and 2.39:1 options.

Any thoughts, would be very much appreciated!

tweak

Quote from: kizza1234 on October 04, 2023, 02:14:37 PM
Hi guys, avid user of Magic lantern, and recently got some EF anamorphic lenses.
Anybody know if its possible to get a 6:5, 3:2 or 4:3 image with the 3x3 sampling method?

After some extensive tests using this build, I am finding using this 3x3 sampling method combined with Dual ISO removes most if not all visable aliasing.
Because of this, Im keen to see if the method could be used to create a 6:5, 3:2 or 4:3 output instead of the current 16:9, 2.35:1 and 2.39:1 options.

Any thoughts, would be very much appreciated!

It's pretty simple to get other ratios. Make sure you turn the ratio off in the main menu, then go into the raw menu and select the ratio you want, afterwards scroll through the numbers with the jog wheel until you get to the actual numbers you want.

Skinny

I can't say for 5D3 but I have used anamorphic lenses with 5D2 in 3x3 mode. And in any builds that I have tried you can select whatever you want, full sensor area (2:3), 3:4 or anything else. So at least in standard builds I think it should be possible for 5D3. 3x3 requires less speed so you don't really need to overclock or do anything specific.
And I also found that with 2x anamorphic lenses you get a lot less aliasing, it works almost like an anti-aliasing filter. So 3x3 mode is perfectly useable.

ThePotatoParadox

About to buy a SanDisk Extreme Pro 160 MB/s VPG-65 UDMA 7 CF card because it's very cheap second hand. Will this work for 5.7K continuous? I have the appropriate SD card for card spanning.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Danne

If the card can do write speeds around 120Mb/sit should be working.
Been a while since I ran 5.7k but my presets were made to run continuous at 24/25 fps.

ThePotatoParadox

Quote from: Danne on December 16, 2023, 09:44:35 AM
If the card can do write speeds around 120Mb/sit should be working.
Been a while since I ran 5.7k but my presets were made to run continuous at 24/25 fps.

Thank you, Danne.

adamszulc

Hi, I bought 5Dmk3 for RAW video.

I have problem.

I installed ML and it works fine, but in canon format menu I dont have option for KEEP ML. What am I doing wrong?

Could you help?

fanfzero

Some tests I did, both are a mix of shots in 5,7 anamorphic and 3k, those were the first 2 times I used my new 5d MKiii (I had experience with Magic Lantern with an EOS M)

This is the extremely low light test (Iso 6400), unfortunatelly I wanted to have it ready as soon as posible, so I think I could have done a better job on Davinci, it was denoised and stabilized afterwards in Topaz video ai

And this is a test with good light (around iso 200), I really like the result on this one, no Topaz video AI on this one

Now I guess I'll have to practice manual focus for moving shots, if this camera had continuous autofocus and in body stabilization like my Panasonic Lumix G80 it would be the perfect camera, still I think it has better image quality than the Lumix

Btw, is there any way that autofocus doesn't increase exposure when focusing?

PaulHarwood856

Hey fanfzero,

I can't view the videos you have in your post...

- Paul

whitelight

Quote from: PaulHarwood856 on February 22, 2024, 04:18:10 AMHey fanfzero,

I can't view the videos you have in your post...

- Paul

Same

Promet73

Hi all, I've been using ML on EOS M for about a year with great joy and results, so I have recently purchased a top mint 5D III for using it with ML. 
I have installed the latest Danne's build but I can't get any LV at all, either black screen or random patches of pixels. What am I doing wrong?

Walter Schulz

Please specify. Garbled LV during recording or in idle, too?

See first post of this thread for basic build infos and restrictions applying.

Walter Schulz

use

[youtube]https://youtu.be/vUt4NBPzruM[/youtube]
not
[youtube]https://youtu.be/vUt4NBPzruM?feature=shared[/youtube]

kidfob

Question regarding slow motion with Dual ISO at the highest resolution. Im assuming the max is 60fps. What resolution is required for this?

Can someone share required settings with pictures?

Thanks

kizza1234

Hi all, keen to be more involed with this project. Btw guys, 1808x2300(2:35.1) @ 100/800 HDR - Truly gives some amazing images. Practically no aliasing due to the squeezed recording method being implemented. 1 thought, is it possible to perhaps use the USB webcam feature to get a video feed of the image, while internally recording? It then may be possible to use a mobile phone vai UVC to have a picture. Thoughts? Ill test it out tonight to check the video feed over UVC.

Walter Schulz

Only a very small set of Canon gear actually has UVC on board: R50, R8, R10, R6 Mark II, PowerShot V10.
Canon USB inside 5D3 is not UVC but proprietary handled by PC tools like EOS Webcam Utility, EOS Utility, SparkoCam, gphoto2, etc. and some smartphone apps.

That said: You can stream via USB or HDMI. HDMI requires an HDMI capture device (most are actually UVC).
Out-of-the-box 5D3 does true FHD over HDMI. No sound.
Resolutions: 576p for USB, 1080i with HDMI.

And no audio via USB/HDMI for 5D3 (and other Digic 4 and 5 cameras).

kizza1234

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 15, 2024, 08:20:16 AMOnly a very small set of Canon gear actually has UVC on board: R50, R8, R10, R6 Mark II, PowerShot V10.
Canon USB inside 5D3 is not UVC but proprietary handled by PC tools like EOS Webcam Utility, EOS Utility, SparkoCam, gphoto2, etc. and some smartphone apps.

That said: You can stream via USB or HDMI. HDMI requires an HDMI capture device (most are actually UVC).
Out-of-the-box 5D3 does true FHD over HDMI. No sound.
Resolutions: 576p for USB, 1080i with HDMI.

And no audio via USB/HDMI for 5D3 (and other Digic 4 and 5 cameras).

The purpose is to get liveview in Dannes Build. Apologies when I say UVC, I mean the version of UVC which the 5D III has, which can be used vai certain camera control apps. HDMI doesn't have realtime liveview when recording in this build, but figured the USB video would be worth a shot to see what the liveview is like? Has anyone tried the USB video feed while recording in Dannes anamorphic mode? What is liveview like? I just tried to to a test on my PC through the canon apl, but my mini USB cable is broken :(

a.sintes

HDMI DOES HAVE realtime liveview when recording, the Canon-native hardware-based one (limited to 1080p), what it doesn't have currently is a replication of the Magic Lantern software-based framed preview used on the 5D3 when dealing with any crop/anamorphic modes.
It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does?

kizza1234

Have you tried the anamorphic 3x3 Dannes build? There is no realtime liveview in this mode. Only grayscale at perhaps half fps. I'm pretty sure HDMI output is the same view as the screen on cam.

I'm well aware HDMI has liveview, but we are talking about while using and recording with this particular build.

kizza1234

Has anyone tried USB video feed while recording in the 1808x2300 anamorphic mode?

Walter Schulz

a) HDMI stream and what the display shows: Not identical. Some overlays are not available. And there are more differences...
b) There is no UVC in 5D3. UVC = USB Video Class = Doesn't need additional drivers to work. Using "the version of UVC which the 5D III has" makes absolutely no sense and just adds confusion.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: kizza1234 on April 15, 2024, 12:02:50 PMHave you tried the anamorphic 3x3 Dannes build? There is no realtime liveview in this mode. Only grayscale at perhaps half fps. I'm pretty sure HDMI output is the same view as the screen on cam.

Arnaud is referring to his enhanced build based on Danne's. See https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=26998.0

Quote from: kizza1234 on April 15, 2024, 12:02:50 PMI'm well aware HDMI has liveview, but we are talking about while using and recording with this particular build.

I'm quite sure Arnaud is aware and so am I.