Danne's crop_rec_4k, 5DIII

Started by Danne, November 09, 2018, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mkayhko

Can it ever be possible get accurate framing preview of anamorphic or crop modes when using an external monitor?

Walter Schulz

Danne, is it to much asked to redo first post according to other threads? I find it convenient to have a first post  frequently updated with progress, caveats, recent build info, management abstract, etc.
Just asking ...

SAMK

hello guys im using danne build september with firmware 123 on 5D3 and my setting is 3K 1:1 12 Bit  24FPS 
i can not get real time clean screen on my camera
this my all setting and what i get on my camera screen and same on external monitor HDMI connected

https://ibb.co/NNbZJ3b
https://ibb.co/8skHZXG
https://ibb.co/ZSbyYwL
https://ibb.co/tB8v45K
https://ibb.co/gDnQkhH

sm105

Have you tried pressing the Menu button to cycle into and out of the Menu? It can sometimes refresh things to get the preview to work.

Danne

Quote from: SAMK on October 03, 2020, 06:55:40 PM
hello guys im using danne build september with firmware 123 on 5D3 and my setting is 3K 1:1 12 Bit  24FPS 
i can not get real time clean screen on my camera
this my all setting and what i get on my camera screen and same on external monitor HDMI connected

https://ibb.co/NNbZJ3b
https://ibb.co/8skHZXG
https://ibb.co/ZSbyYwL
https://ibb.co/tB8v45K
https://ibb.co/gDnQkhH

If you stand on the preset you want to use it will present info on what preview mode that works with selected preset. Please read carefully and try hard to work with and not against the limitations of each preset.

beba

Who knows how to remove these lines?

Resolved

Dmytro_ua

There are no such lines in a regular Danne's build.
If you really need help, provide more information + source file
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

masc

Upload the clip as short MLV file, and try to tell something about your settings. Maybe it is DualIso, no idea without information. Nobody knows what you did.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

koopg

I have managed to get this with danne. under exposed
Low light above 400iso
Its getting worse every iso bump
On iso800 looks like in the pic
At 1600 ita all lines
3.5k 16:9 and 2:20
In all bitdepth

Its also happening if you dual iso and not on 16:9


So i am gessing  iso issue

Danne

Upload a sample mlv file. I have no issues.

koopg

I will later on this weekend.
Say, I can't remember user name but i was reading the liview refactoring project thread
And gave a try yesterday to enable UHD 1:1 liveview
Was playing with regs and could see things changing, for instance i have started seeing thing but lost it.
Then something happened and I had to power cycle the cam.
When it came back i could not remember which one was it, spend 3 hours trying with no luck.

Couldn't understand the routine logic behind when to tweak what.
Do you have any clue which regs could be the needed regs to make this happen.

I don't mind to invest time in it, just need a lead.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk


Danne

Sorry, canĀ“t understand what you are trying to say. Maybe someone else.

beba


Dmytro_ua

5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

GullRaDriel

I think he is talking about the vertical black stripes

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: GullRaDriel on October 12, 2020, 09:28:20 PM
I think he is talking about the vertical black stripes

It looks more like monitor's pixels on this video. But who knows..
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

beba



floating image on 3.5k
Do I need to experiment with the settings?

sm105

beba, this looks like rolling shutter. Try using (1) a tripod, (2) a wider lens, or (3) a gimbal. You will have a hard time getting stable footage when shooting handheld while walking.

wib

wider lens and ninja steps will help  8)
EOS 5D3 123 crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2020Dec11.5D3123

Abaco

I never got an answer to my question on the real time preview for this build, so i took a quick video to make sure what im talking about is clear, for the 1080p raw that is what i would call real time, its full color and full speed, when switching into the 3.3k preset the preview is desaturated and extremely choppy. It sounded like people had the 3.3k preset running like the 1080p preview with proper framing, am I missing something or is this how its supposed to look?

https://youtu.be/Np9c276-ICU

ewinemiller

I don't think anything outside of the 1080p stuff is expected to give a real time view.

Bender@arsch

Quote from: Abaco on October 15, 2020, 12:29:45 AM
I never got an answer to my question on the real time preview for this build, so i took a quick video to make sure what im talking about is clear, for the 1080p raw that is what i would call real time, its full color and full speed, when switching into the 3.3k preset the preview is desaturated and extremely choppy. It sounded like people had the 3.3k preset running like the 1080p preview with proper framing, am I missing something or is this how its supposed to look?

https://youtu.be/Np9c276-ICU

There is a new 5x preview mode for the 3.3K and 3.5K presets. But this is currently a 5x zoom preview (only a small area). How to use:
- for 5x preview while recording + before = set global draw to off
- for 5x preview only while recording = set "kill global draw"

Benefit is: faster writespeed.

BTW. If you want to use this Preset you need cardspanning, sd overclocking and maybe less bitdepth (depending on scene) .

Danne

Pay attention to description at the bottom while selecting a preset. When it says cropped realtime preview it actually means "cropped" realtime preview.

kaco

@Danne: what is the current best mode available to shoot in 1080p with 5Dm3? Does the unsqueezed 48p with compression still have a gray or choppy preview? Thank you
PS: I no longer have 5D to test myself, but working 1080p more than 37fps mode with working preview would be awesome enough to buy one again.

Danne

Sorry, someone else could answer. I rarely touch my 5d3 nowadays.