[DONE] Anamorphic lens correction (preview only, in LiveView)

Started by Nachelsoul, October 23, 2012, 09:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nachelsoul

Hi A1ex and team.
I saw in the Alpha2 5DmkIII this feature: Anamorphic lens correction (preview only, in LiveView). I was wonder if there´s a chance to see that in the others cameras (550D, 5DmkII, etc).
Thanks and congratulations.

a1ex

Nachelsoul

Thanks A1ex. It works great, I´ve been tested it and I have only found that in some clips the recording stops after a few seconds. Not in every clip, just one of every ten.
I would like to ASK for a x2 aspect ratio, because a lot of users like me have the cheap Anamorphic Projection lens that usually have the x2 strech. I do not know if it could be done easily. ???. We can still work with the 1.66 strech for previewing. Thanks.
Pardom my english.

a1ex

Reminder: ML interface philosopy is SET for ON/OFF and Q for advanced settings.

Nachelsoul

Quote from: a1ex on October 25, 2012, 01:02:16 PM
Reminder: ML interface philosopy is SET for ON/OFF and Q for advanced settings.
Sorry. I do not know if that is a ironic answer or what (?), but I already know how ML works. In the Anamorphic Submenu we got several stretch options 1.5x, 1.33x 1.66x, but it lacks one of the most popular: 2x, this is what I beg you if it is posible.
You guys have done an extraordinary work since the first 550D port, I admire your talent and generosity. The anamorphic preview is one of the dreamed request, thanks again. Donating again.
The only thing that keeps Canon cameras to be the best in the market is only possible thanks to YOUR work.

a1ex

What are you talking about?! 2x is the default setting...

Nachelsoul

Sorry A1ex, I will check it again.  :-\
UPDATE: You were right. My sincere apologies. There are plenty of stretch sizes I did not found.

tinbots

Hi. Im own the 1st gen EOS-M with non update firmware. I was a early adopter of the eos-m and shoot video with a anamorphic lens.
I was curious to know if this feature is included now for my camera. It wasnt originally way back when.