Author Topic: genius programmer needed for educational photography project  (Read 336 times)

local nomad

• Just arrived
genius programmer needed for educational photography project
« on: March 29, 2018, 06:57:43 PM »
Hello ML geniuses,

I’m an amateur photographer, turned photography teacher who still remembers the pain of figuring out f/ numbers and ISO values.
My own camera-learning-journey (OM10, F80, D40, OM1, 5DMk2ML-borrowed) has led to me to working full time on a learning tool/app for new photographers.
I’m looking for a programming genius to do a few weeks of paid work to bring the idea life.
The ML community is clearly the nexus of photography and programming and that's why I am posting here. I’ve read the FAQ, the rules, and searched the forums. Please advise if there’s somewhere better for me to post.
I’m acutely aware this post treads a fine line for an open source community. My hope is that some paid work for an ML programmer and a donation will both help to support ML.

I love what Magic Lantern does and I hope one of you can help.

Best wishes,
Tim

local nomad

• Just arrived
Re: genius programmer needed for educational photography project
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 03:43:44 PM »
A bit more detail.

The educational photography tool is in the form of a new UI for digital cameras. I’m looking to get a working prototype onto a touch screen mirrorless camera. There are a few potential routes (Sony A7 + Open Memories, Samsung NEX + Android app, Canon M5 + ML fork). ML looks like it might be the most robust platform for a prototype. Specifically the UI is for the preview screen and has an interactive infographic, displaying and controlling some key values (WB, aperture, time, ISO, etc). I’ve built some mock-ups but now need a working prototype running on a real camera.

please DM me if you’d like to discuss further.

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
Re: genius programmer needed for educational photography project
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 09:49:14 AM »
Just FYI, M5 runs PowerShot firmware, so CHDK might be a better match for this model. I did some initial analysis of the firmware a while ago, including emulation of the early boot process, but I'm not aware of a working CHDK port for this camera yet.

Mirrorless models running EOS firmware are EOS M and M2. Unsure about M50, but I'd expect it to be PowerShot, too.

Not familiar with the other platforms, sorry.