Auto White Balance? (still have issues!)

Started by javapop, August 14, 2012, 09:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javapop

I have had the Dec release, well since December... and noticed that the new release doesn't give the same function for white balance. Before on my 550D I hit the trash can and went to white balance, then if I hit Q it gave me a auto white balance; which was useful in some circumstances.

Where is that feature now?

Shirazcab

Hit the trash can to revert to the Canon menu, then Q and use the scroll wheel to set AWB. Not much more trouble. It took me a while to work this out too.

javapop

Great! That did it! Thanks!

javapop

Quote from: Shirazcab on August 14, 2012, 09:17:13 PM
Hit the trash can to revert to the Canon menu, then Q and use the scroll wheel to set AWB. Not much more trouble. It took me a while to work this out too.

Hi again... well, thought I had it; but I don't. When I hit the trashcan, and go to expo menu, and hit set, it allows me to scroll up and down; but for some reason.... I can't seem to find the custom setting now. I had it earlier; but I couldn't fiind the correct way to actually trigger it to do a custom white balance.

Any additional clues.....?

Malcolm Debono

If you're using fast shortcuts (see: http://www.magiclantern.fm/whats-new/101-cat-camop/catshort/91-art-fast-operating-with-shortcuts), you can use the Set button while white balance kelvin / ISO is shown on screen to get auto white balance based on the middle box.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!