SmallHD External Monitor and Focus Peak Conflict, Anyone?

Started by mikeC, August 14, 2012, 04:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeC

Hello:

When using ML Focus Peak through my SmallHD DP4 external monitor, instead of getting the usual plane of blinking dots indicating focus, I'm getting a horizontal band of various length red dashes that hover near the top of the screen and don't respond to focus changes. (I should note that I am not using any of the DP4 software tools in conjunction with ML).

When I power down the SmallHD monitor and use the (600D/T3i) LCD, the characteristic focus dots return.

Other ML Overlay features, such as zebras, false colors, and histogram work fine through the SmallHD monitor; it's just Focus Peak that's not working. Any ML/SmallHD users experiencing similar problems?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Mike,
Chicago

pillywright

I have this exact same problem with the DP4.  I also have issues where focus dots work somewhat, but aren't lined up on the items they represent.  Let me know if you found any solution???  Thanks.

kukysimon

Hi,... i was wondering if you can add your problem to this link, it seems there are dozens and dozens of people who started threads and topics about issues with external monitors , but these are all over the place and consequently no one thinks its an issue since they show up only one at a time in this very big haystack of threads. i started a thread at the developpers page addressing it to alex, in the hopes he can make this more priority, there is a vote and a follow option, if you wouldn't mind adding yours there as well, may be alex can then see how many people really do work with external monitors and have a hard time not seeing crop marks the right way and other issues:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1582/crop-bars-for-external-smallhd-oled-7-7

i would really appreciate your effort, may be we cann all get together on those many issues with external monitors..

BR
Kuky