MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theBilalFakhouri

Small bug: MLVApp is crashing while using "HDR blending" option when "Export audio" is ON, this crash affects 1.12 and 1.13 versions, 1.11 version works fine . . disabling audio export solves the crash issue in the affected versions of MLVApp.

Tested on Windows, Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec, both MLVApp 64-bit and 32-bit are affected.

masc

Thanks for reporting. Do you have a small MLV for reproducing that? No idea what's the difference between 1.11 and 1.12 - nothing changed for HDR blending. Just ffmpeg itself changed, but it always exports without audio anyway. Audio is added after video export. You could try 1.12/1.13 with the old ffmpeg.exe. (The latest codecs can't work this way.)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Maybe something easy like spacing in the mlv file causing the issue? Anyway. More info needed.

Icaab

Hello. I came across a bug: No file appears when you export in any format. Export successfully ( Inscription - Export is ready), but I can't find the output file (latest version mlvapp).

masc

Quote from: Icaab on August 18, 2021, 09:02:55 AM
Hello. I came across a bug: No file appears when you export in any format. Export successfully ( Inscription - Export is ready), but I can't find the output file (latest version mlvapp).
My bet: you deleted ffmpeg from MLVApp path. Otherwise more information needed.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

or... if on windows, you closed the terminal window before exporting finished.

Icaab

Quote from: masc on August 18, 2021, 09:35:58 AM
I did not close anything at the time of export and ffmpeg is present.

Took again mlvapp v13 and replaced the following files: ffmpeg , libraw.dll , MLVApp , pixel_maps , raw2mlv .
To no avail.

theBilalFakhouri

I suggest to download MLVApp 1.13 again, extract it in new empty folder, import your MLV clips and try exporting, does it work (do you have your exported clips)?

If not, what's your export settings? do you have a CMD running while exporting?

Icaab

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on August 18, 2021, 06:04:54 PM
I suggest to download MLVApp 1.13 again, extract it in new empty folder, import your MLV clips and try exporting, does it work (do you have your exported clips)?

If not, what's your export settings? do you have a CMD running while exporting?
I apologize: it turns out in my path the folder with the program contained a cyrillic. After the renaming everything worked as if nothing had happened.
Thank you :)

vastunghia

Hi,

I'm trying my first hand at Dual ISO MLV, and apparently the few short clips I took are not rendered correctly in MLV App.

I experience this weird behavior:

• Upon import of MLV file, "Dual ISO" setting is Off so I see alternating ISO rows -- many of which have a strong magenta dominant (guess everything normal up to here?)
  • If I set "Dual ISO" to On, I obtain a messed up image that overall seems more dominated by cyan, with apparently 100% cyan areas spread all over the shadows
  • If I ask MLV App to playback the file, rendering now displays correctly, i.e. with natural colors
  • Even if I stop playback, the still frame looks ok
  • The same does not hold true if I switch "Dual ISO" to Preview: in this case too, playback is fine, but as soon as I stop it the still being displayed is corrupted (cyan all over the place)
  • Whatever export format I choose (ProRES or cDNG), it comes out wrong (once again, cyan mess).
I'm shooting with Danne's latest build for 5DM3, using the 3.3K 1:1 x5 preset (@14 bit).

First question: is this a common behavior / bug / (most likely) common mistake on my side? Or am I alone in this?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Sergio
5D3 for video
70D for photo

theBilalFakhouri

@vastunghia

Turn OFF "Vertical Stripes" from "RAW Correction" tab and you should be fine, I noticed the same problem here, "Vertical Stripes" doesn't work properly in Dual ISO clips and it's ON by default for 5D3 clips.

vastunghia

Thank you @theBilalFakhouri you made my day, I would never sort it out by myself!

S
5D3 for video
70D for photo

Merlin ミーアキャット

Does that mean vertical stripes should be turned off? I thought in lower ISO situations it is better on?

Dmytro_ua

5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

masc

Quote from: Dmytro_ua on September 07, 2021, 02:35:32 PM
Does MLV App work natively with new Silicon M1 or with Rosetta 2?
Works with Rosetta2... but as I tested, very fast.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Merlin ミーアキャット on September 07, 2021, 08:32:26 AM
Does that mean vertical stripes should be turned off? I thought in lower ISO situations it is better on?

You should turn it off just when using Dual ISO otherwise Dual ISO clips won't be processed correctly, using vertical stripes in normal clips is fine.

elenhil

Any ideas why trying to enable vid.stab invariably produces a 0-sized file? I do try to exit is as a H.264 ffmpeg, as per instructions.

P.S. I mistyped '265' the first time.

masc

Quote from: elenhil on September 21, 2021, 10:10:20 PM
Any ideas why trying to enable vid.stab invariably produces a 0-sized file? I do try to exit is as a H.265 ffmpeg, as per instructions.
The instructions and the vid.stab-enable-checkbox tell, vid.stab only works for H.264. So when choosing anything else you should get a non stibilized video, but never a 0-size file.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

dragonsfire1981

I'm having this exact same problem with no files whatsoever appearing in my folders after exporting from MLV App to H264.

And before you ask, I have no folder in cyrillic or any other funny letters or symbols, and all the original installation files are present and correct in the MLV app folder, it just won't save the exported files at all. What's going on?

EDIT: I solved it after I figured out Avast antivirus was blocking the applications. I added exceptions to the MLV folder and all MLV .exe files. Woohoo!

Quote from: masc on August 18, 2021, 09:35:58 AM

elenhil

Quote from: masc on September 21, 2021, 10:18:26 PM
The instructions and the vid.stab-enable-checkbox tell, vid.stab only works for H.264. So when choosing anything else you should get a non stibilized video, but never a 0-size file.
Oops, a typo. I meant H.264, or course!

elenhil

Quote from: dragonsfire1981 on September 22, 2021, 01:06:22 AM
I'm having this exact same problem with no files whatsoever appearing in my folders after exporting from MLV App to H264.

And before you ask, I have no folder in cyrillic or any other funny letters or symbols, and all the original installation files are present and correct in the MLV app folder, it just won't save the exported files at all. What's going on?

EDIT: I solved it after I figured out Avast antivirus was blocking the applications. I added exceptions to the MLV folder and all MLV .exe files. Woohoo!
My problem was 0-size files, not no files whatsoever (which I did use to get with cyrillic paths), so it's not the same problem. Plus, I disabled my AV and the problem didn't go away.

And, just so we're clear, regular encoding without enabling vid.stab works OK.

masc

@elenhil: More information needed. Can't reproduce here - all works as expected for me.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

elenhil

Quote from: masc on September 22, 2021, 06:23:48 PM
@elenhil: More information needed. Can't reproduce here - all works as expected for me.
OK, what do I do? Is there a debug option for a complete readout of all the info you need?

masc

Start describing your system (OS+version, app version,...), all your settings (cam+App(receipt and export)), maybe upload the MLV file.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202