Author Topic: MLV App 1.10 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]  (Read 324097 times)

masc

• Contributor
Camera Raw 11.2
Camera Raw 8.7.1 here for LR5
5D2.212 | EOSM.202

Luther

No I meant does anyone know why Adobe image processing looks so much cleaner, it just shows nice grain instead of noise, while MLV App and other raw converters show blotchy colour ugliness.
Oh, I see. I guess it's either because of default chroma denoise or some trickery with the demosaicing (it uses AMAZE, IIRC, but the implementation might be doing something different). They also probably have better color processing and hot/cold pixel removal, which might affect the looks of the noise.
I think using Rawtherapee as a comparison together with ACR would also be useful, since the code is open and RT is very a stable and complete software.

masc

• Contributor
I guess it's either because of default chroma denoise or some trickery with the demosaicing (it uses AMAZE, IIRC, but the implementation might be doing something different).
Somewhere I read in the net that ACR uses a modified AHD demosaic. And this seems to be true, if you choose AHD in MLVApp you get nearly identical artifacts as in ACR. AMaZE looks very (in details) different.

They also probably have better color processing and hot/cold pixel removal, which might affect the looks of the noise.
The noise removal is indeed very nice, and fast compared to MLVApp. For the bad pixel removal, I am not very satisfied in ACR... here I like more our new bad pixel picker function, because it does exactly what the user wants instead of some auto algorithm.
5D2.212 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

• Moderators
Somewhere I read in the net that ACR uses a modified AHD demosaic. And this seems to be true, if you choose AHD in MLVApp you get nearly identical artifacts as in ACR. AMaZE looks very (in details) different.

I heard before that AHD is "industry standard" or something, so it's likely. But adobe have been making improvements to their debayer recently, so it's probably a lot better in the newest versions (would like to see a nice comparison of MLV App, latest resolve and latest adobe on a moire shot)

timbytheriver

• Senior
Hi! Would it be possible to add a clip text-labelling feature? To be able to add a short text note in the clip window to identify clips would add super-shine to MLVApp! :P
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

koopg

• New to the forum
It creates a DCP file @koopg? Currently there's no way to input DCP files in MLVApp. Are you using this to get correct white balance? Try a simple 18% gray card... MLVApp has a WB picker.

I requested this before here and here, but upon some reading of the RT code, the Lab feature requires many core functions. Might be really difficult to adapt it to mlvapp.
@2blackbar The feature CIECAM02 in advanced tab can be a better way to bring correct saturation to shadows. Instead of using a "film-like" curve, try to increase "Brightness + Colorfulness (QM)" in CIECAM first. From my tests, this method of correcting exposure adapts shadow/highlight saturation very well already. Sometimes it's not even necessary to use Lab adjustments...
Not just white balance
Its making all colors acuurate.
You are going to have true colors
So i can batch have all clips true color
Ready to be grade evenly

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quentin

Any chance for DNxHD not scaling the frame size in 1920x1080 ?
Or when smaller, compose on Black ?

I am shooting at 1920x804 at 50FPS.
MLVApp/DHxHD scales the frame size to 1920x1080.