ML RAW-tools for Linux

Started by revast, November 15, 2013, 03:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so-rose

Link to MLVFS seems broken? Also for the Python indicator?
convmlv - feed it your footage, it's safe I swear  -   http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16799.0

openlut - recoloring your day, lut by lut  -  http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=17820.0

revast

download is possible right now, no server problems I know of..

ChristianEOS

Dear Community magic lantern

I just probably  made ubuntu work. I was happy that the mlv app worked though 5.7k isnt stable. Then importing the *.dng files to "natron" didn't work. Then I researched you must install a plugin. I saw a YouTube video installed all plugins. But that must have been wrong.

Is it possible that anybody can help me?

Christian Bruno James

tupp

@ChristianEOS:

I think that Natron works better with TIFF (or PNG) images.  DNGs might run a little slow on Natron.

I believe that you can export 16 bit TIFF sequences from MLVAPP.  If those images are too big, you can use ffmpeg to convert your exported MLV footage or image sequences to lower bit-depth TIFFs.

ChristianEOS

wow, I have never exported TIFF. I like the cameraraw import with adobe after effects. The MLV app on windows always left the contrast and white balance on how it was recorded. Even though it started with kelvin 6000.

What is the difference with TIFF.

I mostly change
chroma smooth to 2x2
in low light fix bad pixels
with strange light cyan highlight fix

DETAILS
sharpen (mostly) over 50
with strange light chroma blur radius + strength

I record in 5.7k 5d3 with 0 sharp -4 contrast -4 saturation 0 colour

update*
Somehow I got a error message importing both dng and TIFF

Exception occurred when opening file /home/meerkat/Videos/very beautiful/M20-2351/M20-2351_000000.tif: unrecognized XML syntax
Christian Bruno James

tupp

TIFFs are similar in quality to DNGs.  I don't have any experience with the Windows version of MLV App.

Are you exporting TIFFs from MLV App or are you converting to TIFFs in ffmpeg?

In regards to your syntax error, your path to the TIFF file has a space in the directory name "/very beautiful/", and that space might not be parsing properly.  When you type/enter that path, an escape character such as a back slash ("\") might be required just before the space, so that it reads "/home/meerkat/Videos/very\ beautiful/M20-2351/M20-2351_000000.tif"

However, the simplest fix to that path space might be merely to rename the "/very beautiful/" directory to "/very_beautiful/".

ChristianEOS

How do I show a screenshot in this font system?
I have played with it so long. I even installed Davinci Resolve on windows Adobe After Effects in my opinion is better. And even on Ubuntu it is too slow for me.
Somehow I researched the error message. I should install phpmyadmin.

sudo apt install phpmyadmin php-mbstring php-zip php-gd php-json php-curl

I didn't know what the difference between the network is. Tcp and the other thingybob...

So nothing imports to natron.
Thankx for your help :)
Christian Bruno James

tupp

Quote from: ChristianEOS on February 21, 2021, 05:40:42 AM
How do I show a screenshot in this font system?
Not sure what you are asking.  If you are trying to show an image, there is an image button that will make the image markdown notation appear.  I think you need to post the image somewhere on the web and insert that link into the markdown notation.

Quote from: ChristianEOS on February 21, 2021, 05:40:42 AMI have played with it so long. I even installed Davinci Resolve on windows Adobe After Effects in my opinion is better. And even on Ubuntu it is too slow for me.
Okay.  Use what you prefer.

Somehow I researched the error message. I should install phpmyadmin.
sudo apt install phpmyadmin php-mbstring php-zip php-gd php-json php-curl
That doesn't sound right.  I don't have that installed on my system and I use both MLV App and Natron.

So nothing imports to natron.
Try importing an MP4 file or an MOV file in Natron.

By the way, the DNG file probably doesn't show any changes when exported from MLV App because DNG is a raw format -- all of the changes you made are metadata in a separate file.

masc

Quote from: ChristianEOS on February 21, 2021, 02:04:57 AM
The MLV app on windows always left the contrast and white balance on how it was recorded. Even though it started with kelvin 6000.

DETAILS
sharpen (mostly) over 50
with strange light chroma blur radius + strength

I record in 5.7k 5d3 with 0 sharp -4 contrast -4 saturation 0 colour
MLVApp processes RAW data and you have to setup all parameters in the application. There is no white balance value, no sharpness value and no contrast parameter saved in any MLV file. It doesn't matter how you setup a profile in camera. Profiles are just shown on your camera display, but not saved in MLRAW files. So MLVApp can't leave anything here!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

dry99

Hello!
I would like an answer to two questions.
Before I ask them, I want to say a huge thank you to the entire community for the work done on everything related to magiclantern.

I shoot on a 5d mark iii in anarofic mode 5.7k 12bit with card merging and overclocking the SD card.
1)
I have a colorchecker passport, but I don't know how to use it in my case.
I have an old PC installed at home where I can't use Davinci Resolve, it doesn't work. The operating system is Ubuntu Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS, 8 gigs of RAM and a built-in video card in an AMD® A8-5500 apu processor with radeon(tm) hd graphics × 4.
  Is it possible to create a profile or something else using third-party programs and apply it to the MLV app?
2)
What program under Ubuntu can be used to upscale from 5.7k to 8k?
I understand that this can be done using ffmpeg, but I'm not familiar with the terminal and command line, although I've been using Ubuntu for a long time.
I tried using shutter encoder, it's a great program but it doesn't support upscale up to 8k

masc

You can create receipts (kind of a profile) in MLVApp and apply it to all your footage, e.g. as default receipt.

You can resize to 8K in MLVApp, too.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

dry99

Quote from: masc on February 27, 2024, 07:34:47 PMYou can create receipts (kind of a profile) in MLVApp and apply it to all your footage, e.g. as default receipt.

You can resize to 8K in MLVApp, too.
Where can I read about creating a profile based on (colorchecker passport)?
The only thing that comes to my mind is to take a video myself (colorchecker passport) for a few seconds, then use MLV-App or ffmpeg to convert the viteo stream into a set of DNG files. Upload them to rafterapi and then make a profile based on 24 color cells and apply it to the video.
As for upscale to 8k, I would like to first do video editing and overlay audio from an external recorder onto video in its native decompressed (3x3-5.7k) extension. If I immediately output to 8K, I'm afraid that the computer will not handle such large files, so I would like to do this after video editing. But so far I have not found such a program for Linux.