Save Audio settings to camera (550D)

Started by handbanana, August 10, 2012, 10:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handbanana

I was thinking the audio settings should be saved onto the camera, just like Kelvin settings are. The reason is that, when conducting an interview for example, switching cards means having to reset your audio levels instead of just putting the card in and shooting.

I also wish we could have this because since my audio jack is messed up, my camera thinks an external mic is always plugged in, so the only way I can use the internal audio is by setting it manually to "internal mic" - I'd love to be able to just have that setting also saved to the camera so it's the same between cards and I don't have to switch a card from external to internal (if I was using it for an interview foe example).

1%

I don't think we want to be saving anything there. I know it sucks but audio stuff is all  ML so it goes in the config file.

scrax

A thing you can do is compile a custom build of ML with default settings you use and disable auto save.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-