Bilal's crop_rec_4k experiments for 650D / 700D (T4i / T5i)

Started by theBilalFakhouri, September 18, 2020, 07:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theBilalFakhouri

Thank you sriver_fx!

Quote from: sriver_fx on March 04, 2023, 12:17:04 PM
I could find that you recommend the Sandisk Extreme PRO 64GB 170MB/s that works well in 240hz.

Correct, back then Sandisk Extreme PRO 170MB/s was the only recommended SD card, but that's not mandatory anymore.
Now there are many SD cards works at 240 MHz, as Walter shared a link for the tested SD cards at 240 MHz.

Quote from: sriver_fx on March 04, 2023, 12:17:04 PM
Can I also get an even faster SD card that support higher writing speeds? Will it be also stable?

As Walter said, we don't know if other and faster SD cards (like UHS-II) would work, no way to predict except for doing actual tests.
However, one guy has tested UHS-II SD card on EOS M which is "Lexar UHS-II V90", which performs the best write speed at 240 MHz:

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on September 16, 2022, 09:15:24 AM
Card used: LEXAR UHS-II  V90 @ 240 MHz on EOS M:

307006505-10160083455853563-6688025535724854510-n" border="0

But UHS-II SD cards are really expensive compared to UHS-I, it's up to you anyway.

Have fun!

Flo

Has anyone heard of a crop mode and or overclocking for the 1100d ?
Also I can't push the resolution hihger than 1408p horizontal (It doesn't seem to be speed limited as it could do this resolution at 25 fps and when i lowered to 5 fps it would allow for a higher horizontal resolution)
Does someone know why ?

Walter Schulz

We are completely offtopic here. Your question may be properly placed in "General Help Q/A" or "Camera-specific development" -> "Canon 1100D" (sticky thread).

Most likely you are stuck with Canon's native resolution roughly computed "horizontal pixel count/3". You will find more info on this in https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/glossary -> Binning.
Solution is described in FAQ: https://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#raw_mlvcan_t_set_resolution_to_full-hd1920_is_not_possible_in_current_video_mode_max_1728

There is no overclocking feature for Digic 4 cameras. You are limited to around 21 MByte/s which allows - give or take - 540p25.

Consider using an experimental build as lua_fix or 10/12-bit. https://builds.magiclantern.fm/experiments.html

Please switch to forums mentioned above for 1100D-related issues.

mlrocks

Does 650D/700D ML have electronic level? I know 5d3 has it and I use it constantly. Thanks a lot, Bilal and all ML gurus.

Tomasz Szladowski

I would like to ask for your help because I'm new here. I've been trying to set up all the options in this version correctly for several days, but something is always wrong and I'm already quite confused. I am interested in the 4.3K option and everything seems to be okay - the recording is in green, but there is a problem with the shutter speed - even if I manage to set it to 1/50 (or I can't), there is still some other value later - for example, 1/26, 1/31 - why are these values different?

I just want to set 4.3K, 25 fps, and 1/50 shutter speed, and I can't change the last parameter. I also got confused with other settings. Which settings are superior (more important) - those from the general ML version or Bilal's crop_rec_4k?

I have the modules set as in the screen capture. Should I change any other modules or general parameters in ML before starting Crop mode (crop_rec)?

I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, but I'm just going around in circles and can't find a solution.

My camera is 650D

Greetings from sunny but still cold Poland.

Tom

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: Tomasz Szladowski on April 05, 2023, 03:04:58 PM
..but there is a problem with the shutter speed - even if I manage to set it to 1/50 (or I can't), there is still some other value later - for example, 1/26, 1/31 - why are these values different?

I just want to set 4.3K, 25 fps, and 1/50 shutter speed, and I can't change the last parameter. I also got confused with other settings. Which settings are superior (more important) - those from the general ML version or Bilal's crop_rec_4k?

Could you record a video shows ML settings and what are you doing, then upload the video to Youtube?
Are you able to change shutter speed from ML menu? Does the value change when you tweak shutter speed from ML menu?

mlrocks

On 650d, shutter speed maintains at 25 in this preset. but push the info button, you can see the real shutter value.

Tomasz Szladowski

Quote from: mlrocks on April 06, 2023, 05:21:22 AM
On 650d, shutter speed maintains at 25 in this preset. but push the info button, you can see the real shutter value.

If the actual shutter speed value is displayed after pressing the "info" button, then everything is fine - thank you for your help :) I was just adjusting the shutter speed earlier and the image on the screen either was darkened or brightened, which would suggest a change in shutter speed, but the value on the screen did not reflect that.

Tomasz Szladowski

Quote from: theBilalFakhouri on April 06, 2023, 04:51:33 AM
Could you record a video shows ML settings and what are you doing, then upload the video to Youtube?
Are you able to change shutter speed from ML menu? Does the value change when you tweak shutter speed from ML menu?

theBilalFakhouri, mlrocks explained to me that the correct shutter speed value for the Canon 650D appears after pressing the "info" button, so I think I this problem is solved.
By the way, I have another question for you.
I would like to lighten the load on my SD card (SanDisk Extreme Pro) (sometimes it turns orange when recording. I did test - it is usually 60-68 MB/s write speed) and change the resolution to approximately 4.1K (1:3, e.g. 1381x1763) at a ratio of 2.35.
I know I need to use Crop v2. Should I enter both resolution values or is one enough and the 1:3 option will automatically choose the other? I tried both ways but each time the values displayed in crop2 were different from the ones I entered.

Best regards,

Tom

p.s.

It's still cold today, but without the sun.