mlv_dump on steroids

Started by bouncyball, February 16, 2017, 07:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bouncyball

@a1ex

Hmm... LINK. Could this be corrected/done in camera in the future? To not mess with channel data offsetting by 128,256,512,1024 in post? This will be temporary solution for post tools or am I missing the basic idea?

bb

a1ex

Well....
- the link is for new-style DryOS task switching hooks on recent D5 models; it should not impact any functionality (makes the way we are overriding tasks more "unified", adds CPU usage, some error checks, stuff like that)
- these 128,256,512,1024 black level offsets are a LJ92 encoding bug on 6D, that we have no idea how to track down, so I thought it may be a better idea to work around this in post
- the sample DNG files (coming from mlv_dump on steroids) could not be adjusted with exiftool -BlackLevel (but others found out they can be adjusted with -IFD0:BlackLevel)
- the same sample DNG files (coming from mlv_dump on steroids) could not pass dng_validate.exe tests (and that's the bug report for you).
- edit: OP found out he was using an older version, so please disregard.

JADURCA

"Unfortunately, MLRawViewer just locks up my current machine (bringing down the entire operating system), so it's not straightforward for me to play with this code. Otherwise I'd probably maintain this program, to some extent."

@a1ex Then we should avoid it. Is there another player for just viewing MLV files?

bouncyball

Thx a1ex, got it. I'll try to fix 6D case in software, but... I really do not like this ;)

btw, I compiled dng_validate for linux. If someone needs it, it's here. Note: It might require some libs to install.

bouncyball

Quote from: JADURCA on December 22, 2017, 02:22:06 PM
@a1ex Then we should avoid it. Is there another player for just viewing MLV files?
a1ex said this before @hwdbk made his changes to support losless MLVs. Link is Here. It is not finished thought and needs further development.

Meanwhile you can play MLVs with MLV App for all 3 OSes (Mac, Linux, Win), or use mlvproducer (windows only).

bb

bouncyball

Hey guys some updates to the 'mlv_dump os'. Added feature to auto generate focus pixel maps according to latest break through development.

Downloads are on the first post as usual.

bb

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

JADURCA

Quote from: bouncyball on December 22, 2017, 04:55:56 PM
a1ex said this before @hwdbk made his changes to support losless MLVs. Link is Here. It is not finished thought and needs further development.

Meanwhile you can play MLVs with MLV App for all 3 OSes (Mac, Linux, Win), or use mlvproducer (windows only).

bb

Thanks! After I wrote this, found MLV App and mlv_dump on steroids. I'm using both actively, mlv_dump os for darkframes high ISO footages. MLV App dont have this darkframe feature right?

bouncyball

Quote from: JADURCA on January 15, 2018, 06:42:21 PM
MLV App dont have this darkframe feature right?
Not at this moment, but... ;)

JADURCA

Quote from: bouncyball on January 12, 2018, 05:10:49 PM
Hey guys some updates to the 'mlv_dump os'. Added feature to auto generate focus pixel maps according to latest break through development.

Downloads are on the first post as usual.

bb

Great! I just download it and overwrite mlv_dump file. Right?

Thanks!

JADURCA

Having problems with both apps now. MLV app and mlv_dump os   :-\

masc

Quote from: JADURCA on January 17, 2018, 12:04:42 AM
Could you be more precise please? Maybe you can provide a small MLV for debugging as well?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

I also continue having problems with MLVApp on both: my laptop Lenovo 3000 N200 with 4 GB of RAM and my desktop PC - QuadCore Q6600, MoBo DP35DP, 8 GB DDR2 RAM, GTX750 Ti GPU.  On both of them I have Win7x64 Ultimate running.  MLV_dump on steroids works on both PCs fine.

I tried the 64-bit version 013 of MLVApp on both of them.  When I click on the software icon it starts normally and opens the main window.  When I try to import an MLV file, regardless of its size, resolution, bitrate and/or compression, the software crashes and the message "MLVApp.exe has stopped working" appears.  I also tried the 32-bit version and observed the same behavior.

Interestingly, the software works flawlessly on a different laptop of a friend of mine who has exactly the same version of Win7x64 installed.   His laptop is a Dell Precision M6600 with i7 2720 and 16 GB of RAM.  Could it be that MLVApp requires at least 16 GB of RAM to work properly?

bouncyball

I'm running it w/o issues in Win10x64 on my 5 year old Asus Zenbook laptop with 4gb mem.

Edit: And in virtual machine with Windows7 x64 (4GB) under Vmware ESXi @ my work.

bouncyball

Quote from: JADURCA on January 17, 2018, 12:04:42 AM
Please tell us what kind of problem is it.

JADURCA

Upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit  to Windows 10 64-bit. Maybe is that the problem? Where I can download mlv__dump on steroids again? To try again right away and send you photos in case it don't work.

masc

Hm... strange. I have MLVApp running on Win7 64bit Core i3 4GB RAM, Win8.1Pro 64bit Core i7 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9 16GB RAM, 2x OSX 10.11 8 & 24GB RAM and Ubuntu 12.04LTS VM without that problem. It is bad, that Windows never tells the reason for a crash...
Do you activate "AMaZE Cached"? This crashes Windows 32bit versions on my systems.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

JADURCA

@masc True is that MLV app is not the one crashing, is mlv_dump on steroids. I'm having other problems that can't be reproduced with MLV app, so I can't use it anymore for extracting, just for playing mlv files. Can you help where to locate mlv_dump on steroids? I can't find it to download again...

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Here are the latest versions of mlv_dump on steroids both mac and windows
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/mlv_dump_os.zip

If on mac make sure you give it priviligies:
chmod u=rwx mlv_dump_os
enter

bouncyball

Thanx Danne. When I'll update it with latest stuff compile the mac binary for me. My macos VM does not boot anymore ... IDK why.

JADURCA

I think I'm confused here, I'm looking for an archive called "batch_mlv_in-out" to download it so I can retest it using mlv batch process and darkframe folders, all of that. Im not making myself clear.

Danne

Ok, you can replace it with the one provided in the link. Just rename mlv_dump_os.exe to mlv_dump.exe and replace the one inside. If you still have issues please post about them in the other forum post.

JADURCA

Quote from: Danne on January 17, 2018, 03:51:34 PM
Ok, you can replace it with the one provided in the link. Just rename mlv_dump_os.exe to mlv_dump.exe and replace the one inside. If you still have issues please post about them in the other forum post.

Thanks! Then I'm renaming and replacing to test. Can you please tell me the title name of the other forum post?