Force HDMI *HD*

Started by dnlit, November 22, 2016, 10:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnlit

Hey guys,
under the display setting there's an option "Force HDMI VGA", is it possible to also implement a "Force HDMI HD" option?
Because my 700D doesn't recognize the resolution of my computer screen (1920x1080) and only outputs VGA.
On a TV screen it's 1080i though, so it must be possible.

Thanks.
/Daniel
PS: What prevents lua_touch from getting merged? I don't see any issues on my 700D, so I'd really like it getting merged

a1ex

Quote from: dnlit on November 22, 2016, 10:45:15 PM
Hey guys,
under the display setting there's an option "Force HDMI VGA", is it possible to also implement a "Force HDMI HD" option?

Probably. IIRC you are able to compile ML, so it's very easy to try: call ChangeHDMIOutputSizeToFULLHD instead of ChangeHDMIOutputSizeToVGA in movtweaks.c.

I don't know whether it will work in your case though.

PS: What prevents lua_touch from getting merged? I don't see any issues on my 700D, so I'd really like it getting merged

Last time I checked, I couldn't get it working at all on 700D (somewhere in August). I no longer have it though.

Tried again now and appears to load fine on 5D3, so it probably was user error. Will look again at it, maybe you can suggest a way to emulate touch events on cameras without (laser pointer? joystick? electronic level?)

Surin Dmitriy

Is there any way to show the global draw in the 720p mode via hdmi? I use force VGA but the quality is sucks(
5D3

dnlit

@a1ex: Where is the call done? I don't understand the magic with the menus yet. (Like how they work)
One could easily change hdmi_code_array to 5, like hd seems to have, but I think that didn't work.

static void ChangeHDMIOutputSizeToVGA()
{
    hdmi_code_array[0] = 2;
    prop_request_change(PROP_HDMI_CHANGE_CODE, hdmi_code_array, 32);
}

Re:Lua touch

Electronic level thingy sounds like a really nice idea.... Is it a 3 axis gyro or what data do we have?

Yeah, I think it's really broken, I tried to compile the newest lua_touch and all the scripts just say "error". Once the calculator worked though. But on the issue on the touch pointer address thing I posted my last working build - it should still work in case you get a 700D again :)

a1ex

If changing hdmi_code to 5 didn't work, we need to dig deeper.

I don't really understand much about the HDMI side, but you could get a debug log with the dm-spy-experiments branch (see here) while trying to connect the monitor. This may give useful hints.

The electronic level is just an accelerometer, I think.