totally F-up'd my installation of ML- 50D

Started by JDurr, October 01, 2016, 07:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDurr

Folks....
first maybe someone here would like to give me a quick kick in the arse.....but I totally messed the installation into my 50D. When I boot the camera I have error messages of un installed files etc of ML.

At this point I would like to go back to my latest Canon firmware update and scrap the ML install.

Would anyone care to share a step by step approach to doing this? I would certainly appreciate your help and many thank yous in advance.

Next time I should have more tech help on the front end. Pls feel free to contact me via email. [email protected]............
best regards
Jdurr

josepvm

Using a card reader in your computer, delete "autoexec.bin", and the ML folder on your CF card. Then download the latest "nightly build" for 50D, extract all the content from the file and copy it to your CF card. And try to start the camera with that CF card.

If the first boot warns you about ML missing files, power off the camera and try to start again.

Once you have ML running, you can uninstall it if you want, launching the "firmware update" from Canon's menu, and following the instructions on the screen.