5D mk3 started to stop during recording

Started by kalmargyula, September 20, 2016, 01:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalmargyula

Hi, I have a 5D mk III ( firmware is 1.2.3, the last that still lets you run magic lantern)

The camera worked fine for more than 2 years ( tens of thousands of photos taken during a photo project that covered a lot of cities and probably 50-60 weddings filmed ) same firmware same ML nothing changed.

Recently the camera started to stop while filming ( mirror pops up, recording stops, file is saved but you need to restart the camera in order to do anything). I was suspecting a shutter issue, since the camera had that many releases in the past 2 years.

Camera was sent to an official Canon service and they replied:
- we found out that you've used ML - and that is forbidden ( if corse I knew that and of course they have to say this)
- I have some slightly bent pins in the CF slot and they recommend changing them

But no real answer to what causes my main problem / any link between ML and the problem ( I'm quite skeptical anyway because it work well for 2 years) so I'm thinking about what should I answer them and during that time I thought it would be a great idea to ask if any of you encountered anything similar / how did you managed to fix it ?

Thanks a lot