Canon 6D Mark II - coming in early 2017

Started by SiSS, September 11, 2016, 05:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiSS

This came in at friday from canonrumors newsletter:

Quote from: canonrumorsThe Canon EOS 6D Mark II
We're told that we should expect the Canon EOS 6D Mark II to be announced in early 2017, well ahead of NAB in April.
Keep an eye on these emails, as we hope to give some exclusive 6D Mark II information as it becomes publishable.
There's nothing about this on the site yet, but earlier rumors say the same:
June 23
http://www.canonrumors.com/eos-6d-mark-ii-new-dslr-body-in-2017/
April 15
http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-6d-mark-ii-talk-updated-roadmap-cr2/

Waiting for more decent crop...

patarok

Is there a certain thread with news on Magic Lantern Development for the "6D Mark II"?

I feel a thrill of anticipation when I think about ML making 4K work on the "6D Mark II" and I want to stay up to date.

walter_schulz

If someone wants to start porting there will be a thread. Don't hold your breath.

Deadcode

Quote from: patarok on June 29, 2017, 10:32:13 AM
Is there a certain thread with news on Magic Lantern Development for the "6D Mark II"?

I feel a thrill of anticipation when I think about ML making 4K work on the "6D Mark II" and I want to stay up to date.

I dont think there will be a lot of people who want to risk the void of the warranty or bricking a brand new 2000 usd camera
Plus it's Digic 7...

kitor

Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

reddeercity

Quote from: kitor on June 30, 2017, 08:02:11 PM
.... no 4k. Canon ....
Will does this count ?

6D_Markii_4k/UHD_Timelaspe_29.97fps
by RedDeerCityTV, on Flickr

Records to Mjpeg from what I read (see below) so is it non audio mode ? can't really find any more info
Quotehttp://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/eos-6d-mark-ii/specifications/

6D_Markii_4k/UHD
by RedDeerCityTV, on Flickr

If it's 30p fps wouldn't that be video mode? Maybe it limited to Video only , there no manual to read yet so it's a mystery

bpv5P

They purposefully put SD on it, so people buy MKIII. If they release the best features they can, at the same price, they will not have new features for the next camera release. The market is slow because of that, planned obsolescence too.
You know, I don't agree with Stalmanism copyleft, but the beauty of open source is this: fuck the market. MagicLantern did a revolution on photography and amateur cinema, Canon should formally thank ML devs (and donate).

kitor

Quote from: reddeercity on July 01, 2017, 06:18:35 AM
If it's 30p fps wouldn't that be video mode? Maybe it limited to Video only , there no manual to read yet so it's a mystery
"Time lapse". No regular movie.

Quote from: bpv5P on July 01, 2017, 10:59:54 AM
They purposefully put SD on it, so people buy MKIII.
Even dual SD would be nice.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.

ironmarshal

Is there any reason to think that there won't be a port of Magic Lantern for the 6D Mark II eventually. I read somewhere that somebody that the Dual Pixel Autofocus could be an issue, but I'm not a developer so I have no way of judging the likelihood of that statement being correct.

Walter Schulz

No, there is no reason.
But keep in mind: There is no port available for Digic 6 cams yet (introduced in PowerShot line April, 2013 and EOS in September 2014). Now count the months and don't hold your breath because 6D2 houses Digic 7.
And to repeat myself: If there is no ML port for your cam act like there will be no port ever.

a1ex

For a more complete answer, go to http://builds.magiclantern.fm and navigate to: "Your camera is not listed?"

carlmatthews

Any News on what there will be a option for the Canon 6D mark ii ??

Thanks in advance
Carl